New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Water transfer painting looks interesting
RichardK

posted on 4/12/13 at 01:23 PM Reply With Quote
Water transfer painting looks interesting

Linky

Cheers Rich

Gallery updated 11/01/2011

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
twybrow

posted on 4/12/13 at 02:03 PM Reply With Quote
That is random - a mate of mine showed me this last week. Very cool - I am amazed it works and gives such good looking results!
stevebubs

posted on 4/12/13 at 02:27 PM Reply With Quote
Seen this on one of the car programs; think it might have been wheeler-dealers. Was quite impressed at how well it appeared to come out.

For protection, from memory, it does need spraying with lacquer on top, though...

bi22le

posted on 4/12/13 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by stevebubs
Seen this on one of the car programs; think it might have been wheeler-dealers. Was quite impressed at how well it appeared to come out.

For protection, from memory, it does need spraying with lacquer on top, though...

Yup they lacquer it afterwards.

There was a company at Dettling this year that were showing it. They had a bike covered in loads of different styles. It did look good.

Some of the more complicated designs, like small skull and cross bones looked like they crack when stretched over a large convex surface but still looked great.

He said they had 17 different types of carbon fibre weave to choose from!!!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

Slimy38

posted on 4/12/13 at 03:40 PM Reply With Quote
I've seen that as an alternative to vinyl wrap on tight compound curves, it does look good. I did however find a blog of someone who had bought a kit for a few hundred dollars, and basically made a complete mess of everything! I remember he finished the video with 'this is f***ing difficult' or something along those lines!

Even the first video shows the kind of steady hand and perfect technique required to apply.

umgrybab

posted on 5/12/13 at 06:55 AM Reply With Quote
My cousin is an autobody man and he bought the stuff to do this a few years ago. Its quite difficult to do and unless you have a good supplier of the transfers locally they are quite expensive. But I was amazed by what he was able to do with them.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.