Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cheap MAC#1 on eBay
Shandylegs

posted on 22/8/14 at 09:58 AM Reply With Quote
Cheap MAC#1 on eBay

I'm not normally one to do the advertising for other people but the attached may be of use is someone is looking for a relitively cheap project. It's very badly advertised on ebay (Listed under Toyota and first picture is of a motorbike!):

eBay Item

I actually went to see the car last night and while the car had some money thrown at it when built, it's now wants tidying around the edges.

Items I noted that need work:
- While it's listed as having a poorly engine it starts, there are no nasty death rattles and oil pressure is ok. I suspect a blocked carb or ignition related problem (Seller is truely clueless about kit cars).
- OS engine mount has fatigued on a welded joint and snapped
- Stevie Wonder took up painting and has been touching in the chassis and wishbones on the car
- Few stress fractures in the gel coat on the bonnet, couple small holes drilled in the side panels beneath the nose cone (Will look ok with gromets) and some clumsy sod has dropped the lower wishbones onto the fibregalss when working on the car so they will tidying up.
- Getcoat is dull but will come up with a polish

Positives:
- Decent brand kit, correctly registered with MOT and tax
- Separate gauges
- aftermarket four pot calipers
- Good alloys / new tyres
- Full windscreen
- Strange weather gear. Doors zip into the roof but will have been expensive to have had made (Roof is tatty but could be used as a template or repaired fairly easily)

I did make a derisory offer that the seller rightly declined, but this was based on the fact I already have a couple of projects on the go and didn't really want to get embroiled into another one (I wanted something I could fix quickly, use for what's left of summer, then sell on).

That said, I'm sure this could be had for around £2.5 - 2.7k so still a good buy for someone to tidy over winter, hence the post.........

Matt21

posted on 22/8/14 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
passed your thoughts onto a couple of mates who are looking for a kit
thanks for sharing!

jossey

posted on 22/8/14 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
That is cheap. Shame I've just got my tiger track ready with the fireblade engine or I would have.....

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.