Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hovercrafts ?
Jon Ison

posted on 16/5/15 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hovercrafts ?

Impending move in around 5 weeks that gives easy access to miles of beach plus a 3 acre field got me to thinking about a long time urge that I've never persued, a hovercraft.

Well once the house is how we want it I've been given permission to persue it, I think the ride down the beach to what will be our local swung it so, anyone on here give me any pointers? Just looking for somthing usable carry 2 maybe 3 people not after a race craft though you never know what urges may follow

[Edited on 16/5/15 by Jon Ison]

austin man

posted on 16/5/15 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
remember when I was at school in the 70s these were being made in on of the technical departments using bike engines and a massive fan the went well across the school fields

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

Jon Ison

posted on 16/5/15 at 10:28 PM Reply With Quote
Point taken re "hovercraft" I was asking for advice after all, however you may want to edit your response a second time though, it's still full of errors

Had a quick look at your build blog, looks interesting though I think it will be a cheque book craft rather than self build for me, somthing four stroke and cruising.

trextr7monkey

posted on 17/5/15 at 09:23 AM Reply With Quote
Bloke I work with started his working life the day he finished his A levels at a hover craft builders that would be late 70s he could be a useful guide but is not on here.
If you aren't building it why not have a look at an Argocat as it might be a bit more useful about the neighbourhood you can pick up old ones for smallish money and it is amphibious
Atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

splitrivet

posted on 19/5/15 at 06:21 PM Reply With Quote
Someone bought me one of those experience day things with hovercraft, I couldnt control the sodding thing at all.
Mt daughter who at the time was a non driver had the thing zipping along, going round corners at full chat and generally making me look a right prat.
Cheers,
Bob

I used to be a Werewolf but I'm alright nowwoooooooooooooo

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.