Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Grass Grid
theconrodkid

posted on 26/12/15 at 10:10 AM Reply With Quote
Grass Grid

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_2_5?url=search-alias%3Ddiy&field-keywords=grass+grid&sprefix=grass%2Cdiy%2C225

anyone used this stuff ?,is it any good,any tips on laying it ?,it would just be used for ocasional parking on as the ground with all the rain is a tad soft and the grass getting messy.

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

mark chandler

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:23 AM Reply With Quote
Wow that looks very cheap!

Neighbour has a gravel drive on a slope with this stuff, it holds the gravel very well, no migration of gravel unlike other neighbors that are always outside shovelling it around.

I have seen it used in military yards, so must be good with grass, only downside is seeing the grid if driven over a few times.

blakep82

posted on 26/12/15 at 11:28 AM Reply With Quote
Seen it used beside the track at knockhill. Filled with soil and grass, driven over many times, you see a bit of plastic grid, but not offensive. Certainly better than the grass sinking into mud

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

theconrodkid

posted on 26/12/15 at 12:37 PM Reply With Quote
cheers guys,ill deffo get some then,any ideas about ground prep as info is a bit sparse

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

rgrs

posted on 26/12/15 at 01:57 PM Reply With Quote
You need to dig out to depth, lay a teram type matting then about 150mm of compacted type 1 or 3 dependent on the drainage,

Blind it with topsoil and lay the grid, then back fill the grid and compact. then seed and wait.............

If you don't put down a deep enough sub-base it will move.

theconrodkid

posted on 26/12/15 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
thanks RGRS

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

bi22le

posted on 26/12/15 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
We have some stuff very similar in our back garden at hi traffic areas and under the swings.

I did no prep and just laid it down. It just sunk into the ground with about a month or two of walking.

I have only had it down since speing but seems to stop me fetting muddy feet.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

ali f27

posted on 26/12/15 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Bit ott 150mm off subase and you cannot compact on top off the plastic sections it all relates to to ground you are laying it on an the wieght you want to put on it i lay lots of it on footpaths
rgrs

posted on 27/12/15 at 10:36 AM Reply With Quote
Sub base specifications for vehicle traffic is normally between 150-300mm + blinding dependent on manufacturer and ground conditions.

For paths it would clearly be less, we use either core, marshalls or this manufacturer eco deck

On both grass finish and gravel finish we use a light weight compactor over the top, in fact both core and marshalls recomend it, especially with angular gravel.

Core do a video :

core

hth
Roger

theconrodkid

posted on 27/12/15 at 11:39 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for the info guys

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.