Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: great start to the weekend
garyt

posted on 22/4/16 at 08:32 PM Reply With Quote
great start to the weekend

OH yeah just back from a 2+ hour blat
Took the Haynes to work at lunchtime and finished at 4, sun was out so no going home yet.... so we headed up to Grantown on spey, then over the Dava moor to Forres (had fish n chips) over to Kinloss , back roads to Elgin and home managed about 125 miles and swear we were airborne at one point on the moor .........
Left work in lovely sunshine hit some rain at grantown then lovely sunshine over the moor and all the way home
phone died so no pics .... so guess we will have to do it again I have to say the dava moor road is one I really love and go back a long time with it can be awesome and it can be treacherous but always fun
After a full on week at work, it was a great start to the weekend, oh and the fish n chips tased great sat on the grass beside the car in the sun ..... happy days

remember we are not mad just creatively insane !!!!!

prawnabie

posted on 22/4/16 at 08:45 PM Reply With Quote
I was tempted to take the west to work, decided against it and a good job too as it hammered down on the way home!
SJ

posted on 22/4/16 at 09:16 PM Reply With Quote
Need to get mine MOT'd ASAP!
leon51274

posted on 22/4/16 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
Commuted twice this week, a bit fresh on the hands but great to get the first few blats of the year.
garyt

posted on 23/4/16 at 07:02 AM Reply With Quote
up this morning and its snowing ?'.,;&*..... really glad I went yesterday now, hopefully not much of this "changeable" weather left
Yes I would agree with you leon as it was definitely "fresh" and when I got in my hair style resembled the top of a pineapple

rusty nuts

posted on 23/4/16 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
You wouldn't have had a two hour blast anywhere around here on a Friday afternoon , you may have had a two hour crawl !
metel matt

posted on 23/4/16 at 07:26 AM Reply With Quote
Beutiful sunshine down I'm Pembrokeshire today and I'm sick as the car is ready to go and I can't take it out yet waiting for the Reg a bit gutted
OliilO

posted on 23/4/16 at 07:58 AM Reply With Quote
Dava Moor road is great, as is the road from Carrbridge. Hoping to get my car up in the next couple of weeks and can't wait to get out on them.
garyt

posted on 23/4/16 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
hi Matt yep its the worst bit iva passed all insured but no reg .. ARGHH It will soon be with you give them a fortnight and then a call to enquire of progress.
oliilo, yes I bet you cant wait to get your car up, there are a couple of things on and then prob start /mid may going to organise some runs as there are a few guys interested in doing something, 8/9/10 june going to meet up with some westy guys touring Scotland probably going to base out of Killin for a few days, and then theres applecross 17/18/19 june, let me know if you want any more details, drop me a line once your car is up and we can sort something out

Luego.2.0

posted on 24/4/16 at 07:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
You wouldn't have had a two hour blast anywhere around here on a Friday afternoon , you may have had a two hour crawl !

Got love the m11 A14 😠

Veinto 2.0 black top.
Jenevy throttle bodies
Omex ecu

garyt

posted on 24/4/16 at 07:14 PM Reply With Quote
ok so no snow today , sun is out but a wee bit fresh so washed her down and checked her over and replaced the std roll bar with a "westy FW style " one that I had made, added some stainless stone guards and had some lunch.
Now some of you may or may not know but when I was introduced into this world , it destroyed my dads dream of owning a 7, he had put a deposit down only for mum to inform him a new car would require 3 seats !!!!!. So anyway while I have been building her , it was kept from my dad (no mean feat) and as he now has all sorts of health problems the rush was on to get completed and him out in her.
So sun shining , car looking spik n span, full tank we had a little run down to the coast to surprise dad, mum had him out the back so pulled up in their drive and rang the bell, dad answered and was gobsmacked , so after a coffee and a million questions mum and me helped him into the car with dad duly buckled and wrapped up, we went for a wee blast, only about 10 miles or so. When we got back mum and me got him out and inside, well that was the start , he perked up a genuine smile on his face and an enthusiasm (not seen in a long time) for something. More coffee and tales from back in the day when mum and him were pre-gary and doing stage rallying, friends with healey 100/4 and 3000's or with 7's. and then all of a sudden a very timid question..... can we do it again?
answer ...... OF COURSE WE CAN

After dinner I drove home in in the evening sun in a world that seemed ok ... for a wee while, and boy did I enjoy today
Gary

scudderfish

posted on 24/4/16 at 07:58 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garyt
ok so no snow today , sun is out but a wee bit fresh so washed her down and checked her over and replaced the std roll bar with a "westy FW style " one that I had made, added some stainless stone guards and had some lunch.
Now some of you may or may not know but when I was introduced into this world , it destroyed my dads dream of owning a 7, he had put a deposit down only for mum to inform him a new car would require 3 seats !!!!!. So anyway while I have been building her , it was kept from my dad (no mean feat) and as he now has all sorts of health problems the rush was on to get completed and him out in her.
So sun shining , car looking spik n span, full tank we had a little run down to the coast to surprise dad, mum had him out the back so pulled up in their drive and rang the bell, dad answered and was gobsmacked , so after a coffee and a million questions mum and me helped him into the car with dad duly buckled and wrapped up, we went for a wee blast, only about 10 miles or so. When we got back mum and me got him out and inside, well that was the start , he perked up a genuine smile on his face and an enthusiasm (not seen in a long time) for something. More coffee and tales from back in the day when mum and him were pre-gary and doing stage rallying, friends with healey 100/4 and 3000's or with 7's. and then all of a sudden a very timid question..... can we do it again?
answer ...... OF COURSE WE CAN

After dinner I drove home in in the evening sun in a world that seemed ok ... for a wee while, and boy did I enjoy today
Gary

What a fabulous story.

JoelP

posted on 24/4/16 at 08:07 PM Reply With Quote
Fantastic.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

garyt

posted on 25/4/16 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
a wee clip from yesterday it takes forever to upload, but I modded the camera case so that the mike actually works, and mounted it on the scuttle behind the screen out of the turbulence.
https://youtu.be/qYrLQcXiHlo
https://youtu.be/I38os3hadAA

[Edited on 25/4/16 by garyt]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.