Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Top gear
Shooter63

posted on 29/5/16 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
Top gear

Well 10mins in, same load of old crap , different people.

Shooter

Furyous

posted on 29/5/16 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
I just turned it on 5 minutes ago. Matt Le Blanc seems mumbly and shy, like he always does. Chris Evans seems try-hard. Ramsay and Eisenberg seem very forced and entirely scripted.
sdh2903

posted on 29/5/16 at 07:38 PM Reply With Quote
Why have they stuck to pretty much the same format? It's pretty much the same. Even the same phrases. The 3 idiots could get away with it as they at least had chemistry and could actually present without jumping around like a tit.

When does the Harris bloke pitch up?

Edit. 40mins in. They've not made it the same, they've made it worse.

[Edited on 29/5/16 by sdh2903]

JC

posted on 29/5/16 at 08:05 PM Reply With Quote
Evans 6/10 - might get better
Le Blanc 1/10 Wooden and annoying
Sabine 0/10 just annoying

Overall, too scripted, not natural. However, watch series 1 of the Clarkson version and it was much the same...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
sonic

posted on 29/5/16 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Well I enjoyed most of it, it was good to have a change in presenters I think
JC

posted on 29/5/16 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Just watched 10 mins of extra gear - much better! Sack Le Blanc and use Reid and Harris!
View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
big_wasa

posted on 29/5/16 at 08:19 PM Reply With Quote
Out in the garage with "the tool" and the welder, I knew I had forgotten somthing. Maybe I will give it a look in the morning.
ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 29/5/16 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
I thought it was ok surprised it's like the old formula but will see how it pans out over the next week or so.
morcus

posted on 29/5/16 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
as above, way to close to the previous incarnation but with more shouting.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

ianhurley20

posted on 29/5/16 at 08:43 PM Reply With Quote
I thought this was supposed to be a British show, too much canned laughter for me, Sabine was fine in her limited role, Evans - STOP SHOUTING! Matt thingy, why have they got him in the show????
I will watch it but it no longer leaves me, or my wife, in fits of giggles anymore
perhaps its the lack of Bungle George and Zippy?

I'll watch another episode or two but if its as - er - good - as this one ...........?

gremlin1234

posted on 29/5/16 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Matt thingy, why have they got him in the show????
'cause it makes it very easy to sell in America

bi22le

posted on 29/5/16 at 09:38 PM Reply With Quote
It was like watching a Christmas special!

I'll watch a couple more if i have time.

I did not watch any of the Chris Harris one. Did he even get to drive a car?

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

james h

posted on 29/5/16 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
The Top Gear Extra was much better, although it still felt a little scripted. Chris Harris did a lap in the Ariel Nomad.
LBMEFM

posted on 30/5/16 at 03:17 AM Reply With Quote
Let's face it TG has had it's day, please BBC just put it and us out of our misery.
Matt21

posted on 30/5/16 at 07:52 AM Reply With Quote
Evans - Still an idiot. I'm sure hes going to be done as a sex offender some time in the future....

Matt - seemed very reserved and shy? he may settle but I don't think it's the right show for him

Extra gear was better, but harris didnt seem happy to me? on the interviews he was quite short with his answers, though I like that he was honest about what he didnt like. Rory was pretty scripted but he is new to it all

Overall, not impressed.

Instagram: @matt211988

Photobucket

My YouTube

zetec

posted on 30/5/16 at 08:25 AM Reply With Quote
It wont work with just those two on each week, love or hate the old three they did work well together. Why they have a guest on who is not funny and has zero interest in cars is a little beyond me too.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

bi22le

posted on 30/5/16 at 08:45 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by zetec
It wont work with just those two on each week, love or hate the old three they did work well together. Why they have a guest on who is not funny and has zero interest in cars is a little beyond me too.

I thought that. Jesse Eisenberg did not give too hoots about cars. There are many famous people with great antidotes and experience on cars, instead a guy that is promoting his latest thing.

The celebs dont even have to be funny. I would rather listed to a footballer telling stories that he has crashed 100K cars too often and now gets cabs. Or budding 13 year old racing drivers lap fast in their formula fords.

Hey ho. We will see what content they have coming up but I doubt its going to be much different from before.

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

twybrow

posted on 30/5/16 at 08:58 AM Reply With Quote
The stars in the car bit was very odd. No introduction to the car or new track, and two completely disconnected celebs one of which had zero passion for cars. What was ghe connection between thr two of them? Very odd as it was just so plainly scripted and awkward.

The features were ok, but very contrived and followed the same formula with more awkward presenting. I actually thought Matt LB was good on his own in the features, but not as a double act in the studio with Evans. I was hoping for something with a fresher feel but what we got felt stale. I really hope it gets better, just as series 1 of Clarkson's Top Gear did.

Cubby

posted on 30/5/16 at 09:09 AM Reply With Quote
Same rubbish different people.
Agreed Chris Evans is completely annoying.
Matt Le Planc seemed boring.
Dont know why they didnt change the format.

Who would you change Evans and Le Planc with?

How about replacing Le Planc with Brian Johnson?

zetec

posted on 30/5/16 at 09:18 AM Reply With Quote
Just watched Extra Gear and was better than the main show!

Got to say Fifth Gear is a lot more watchable, plenty of good drivers who don't take themselves too serious and lots of different content. Bet their budget is a fraction of TG.

" I only registered to look at the pictures, now I'm stuck with this username for the rest of my life!"

sdh2903

posted on 30/5/16 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I actually don't think the beeb have done themselves any favours by hanging onto the top gear brand. No matter what anybody did it was only going to be compared to old top gear. I appreciate it's a global name and did make the bbc good money but it's going to be a poison challis for whoever takes it on. They had a perfect opportunity to make a clean break and instead copied the old format completely and tried to hide that fact with a shouty bloke and a (poor) American actor.

On last night's showing I'd be amazed if it got to a second series.

craig1410

posted on 30/5/16 at 10:23 AM Reply With Quote
I've not watched it yet but the above is pretty much what I expected to hear after the first show. You've got to bear in mind that there are two types of viewer out there, those who liked the old format/presenters and those didn't. It's almost impossible to please both of those in the relaunch.

If they do have plans to change the format then it's probably not a terrible idea to start with something familiar and gently shape it to the new format over the course of the season. That said, 95% of the people are the same with only the 3 old presenters and a producer having departed. There may be a few others but the point being that the production team is largely the same.

Give them a chance to make the show their own I'd say. It'll take time. Just imagine how you might feel doing your first episode on a show as hyped up as this. You're hardly going to be at the top of your game until you've done a few episodes. At least the presenters are all genuine petrol-heads right from the start.

morcus

posted on 30/5/16 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Beyond the nomad did they actually show any cars that are currently forsale in the UK (Not counting the Rally cross mini as they almost went out of there way to not talk about it)?

Topgear extra was much better. Take leaf out of Redbulls book and swap the presenters around.

Final note, I was promised Eddie Jordan.

In a White Room, With Black Curtains, By the Station.

Furyous

posted on 30/5/16 at 10:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cubby

How about replacing Le Planc with Brian Johnson?

I misread that as Boris. That would be a more interesting programme!

02GF74

posted on 30/5/16 at 10:56 AM Reply With Quote
What was most disappointing is the audience looking miserable and uninterested yet being forced to laugh. At least in old TG they seemed more relaxed and happy to be there.

oh yeah, and as already pointed out CE is most annoying and MtW is not a natural presenter.

... and on that bombshell ...

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.