Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bike engine reading codes
russbost

posted on 15/3/18 at 09:12 AM Reply With Quote
Bike engine reading codes

Just wondered if anyone has used a conversion lead to connect a "normal" car type OBD code reader to a bike engine diagnostic port using one of the conversion leads available with any success? (Kawasaki if it makes a difference)

Will the reader "recognise" a bike ECU as against a car one, will it allow you to clear codes & is the information presented in a readable logical understandable fashion or do you just get presented with lines of code or similar?

Alternatively has anyone used one of the cheap(ish) motorcycle code readers such as this on Ebay

Ebay Link

& are they any good?

Any info much appreciated, just want to be able to read & clear codes, I don't particularly need live data etc

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
fazerruss

posted on 15/3/18 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
I use my normal car reader on my bike and it reads code fine. The reader is a foxwell nt600 and my bike is a triumph st1050. It has a standard obd connection in the fairing.

"if assholes could fly this place would be an airport"

Andy W

posted on 15/3/18 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
On my ZX10 engine, you earth a wire on the loom.
The fault light, then produces a series of long and short flashes
This combination then gives the fault
One of the reasons I wanted to use the bike clocks

Andy

twybrow

posted on 17/3/18 at 04:14 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy W
On my ZX10 engine, you earth a wire on the loom.
The fault light, then produces a series of long and short flashes
This combination then gives the fault
One of the reasons I wanted to use the bike clocks

Andy

Same on my ZX12 engine. I don't use the original clocks, so I just wired in an EFI warning light. Ground the yellow lead, and it goes into diagnostic mode on a Kwak.

russbost

posted on 18/3/18 at 02:55 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the input, have ordered a lead, will see how it goes

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.