Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Original SDR V Storm
sam919

posted on 17/4/18 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Original SDR V Storm

Good Afternoon,

Just putting the feelers out. I bought this as an unfinished project, the guy had gone to SVA/ IVA (not sure as im not up on the new terms and abbreviations), the car and it had failed on the reverse box linkage, i have this documented everything else at that point was fine. It was constructed from all new parts where possible, diff casing is re-conditioned.

The car was put in a garage and never touched again. It has a proper reverse gearbox fitted between the output shaft on the gearbox and the diff which is a 7", not an electric version but connected via a cable to the box, which needs a bit of attention.

It came from Ashington to me a year or so ago through a garage i know called Bodycraft, my twins were born and thought it a good idea to get them out....all be it years later. I also saw some money in it with a bit of graft. Now its taking up room in my garage and i'm wondering with all the other projects i have, increasing lack of time and dedication whether i should pass it on to be enjoyed.

I spent a couple of hours taking some of the panels off to check it out underneath and its all straight, these can be put back on easy enough.

A brief spec:

- V twin from V storm bike approx 150hp but with dry sump as standard, all correct and running
- Quaiffe steering rack
- Reverse gearbox
- Team dynamics wheel with brand new tyres
- Brand new wilwood brakes on the front
- Brand new ford rear calipers
- Brand new Pro-tech adjustable shocks
- All suspension components are new.
- Sabelt harnesses x 3 all new
- GRP bucket seat
- Race Oddessy battery that is brand new and holds charge
- Wrapped in a carbon look effect, not everyones cup of tea.

Ideally the chassis could do with a touch up, some of the paint is flaking off, signs of bad prep before painting. Its in need of some love, but certainly not a dog. Estimated two weeks work full time to get it up to scratch ready for registering if that was the case, or track car if not, really too good to track.

Here are a couple of shots, not the most flattering but attached is a pic of a colour scheme i fancied, its not the car but gives an idea on what can be achieved.

Looking for £5000.

Description
Description

Description
Description

[Edited on 17/4/18 by sam919]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.