Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Stoneleigh Camping - any tips
JC

posted on 30/4/18 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Stoneleigh Camping - any tips

Finally making good on my promise to my Daughter to camp at Stoneleigh this year! Will be in the tin top in the market for a new toy.....

Any tips - where best to pitch the tent, what facilities are like etc.?

Thanks

JC

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
swanny

posted on 30/4/18 at 03:46 PM Reply With Quote
watching this with interest. im in a similar position. bringing the tin top instead of the kit so i can bring both kids for our first night at stoneleigh
adithorp

posted on 30/4/18 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
Enter via the KitCars/Camping entrance not the main car parks. The camp site in the woods is OK but toilets/washrooms are basic (no showers) or you can camp on any club pitch you're connected to (same facilities). Not sure if the camp site has power hook-ups.

Remember it's still only the beginning of May. We've had heavy frosts on more than one occasion so bring good sleeping bags or extra blanket/duvets to throw over (I double up on the sleeping bag). Don't forget an umbrella.

Come over to the JPSC pitch (under the phone antenna) and say hello.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

ttalps2000

posted on 30/4/18 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
I will be parking up on the JSPC site if thats ok on the Monday?

Will be in a bright yellow Stylus!

adithorp

posted on 30/4/18 at 09:22 PM Reply With Quote
Of course it's OK. If coming Monday try and get there early as those camping tend to head home lunchtime ish.

Andi

posted on 30/4/18 at 10:37 PM Reply With Quote
Good advice about the cold. First time I went about 10 years ago I got sun burnt in the day, and boy did it get cold at night.
Take whatever you need to keep warm... Then take a bit extra.

ian locostzx9rc2

posted on 1/5/18 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
Yes you can get all seasons at stoneleigh weather forecast is looking good fingers crossed but it will be nippy overnight (remember your sun cream)
neilp1

posted on 1/5/18 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
Take a good warm sleeping bag. First year I camped their I only had a 2 season sleeping bag and woke up freezing and I don't feel the cold!!!
adithorp

posted on 1/5/18 at 08:01 AM Reply With Quote
Yeh, same here but with a 3 season bag. First thing Sunday I went to the camping stall and bought a cheap but large extra one. The Sunday night was colder... according to everyone else. That's now known as "the Stoneleigh bag" as that's the only time it comes out, used with my normal 2/3 season one inside it. Always toasty

If you don't have anything suitable or a lot of space then the cheap picknick blankets with damp proof backing are a handy extra layer. Done that a lot on chilly summer nights in the Alps. Cheap and don't take up much space (also handy to lie on while fixing car).

Andy B

posted on 1/5/18 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
For the early arrivals we will be laying on a band, bbq and beer on the Saturday night same as last year, all welcome. Last year was a laugh but we have a strict noise time limit of 11.30pm
feel free to join us on our outside pitch 435,436,437
regards to all
Andy
AB Performance Ltd

trextr7monkey

posted on 1/5/18 at 01:04 PM Reply With Quote
Small tip if your kids are light sleepers:

Try and avoid kipping beside the lads from the Scottish Kit car club if they are out in force, don't seem to need any sleep whatsoever! Stoneleigh paaaaarty!!
atb
Mike

http://www.flickr.com/photos/14016102@N00/ (cut and paste this dodgey link)

Our most recent pics are here:
http://s129.photobucket.com/albums/p211/trextr7monkey/

andy188

posted on 1/5/18 at 03:03 PM Reply With Quote
were camping for the first time up there, weather looking good,

Ian, how you looking for space, we r 3 cars, pending MOT on thursday, tents etc, 6 people from sunday am till mon pm, thanks, Andy and crew.

still thinking about food etc, cant remember many food stalls, only burgers etc, you may want to take other bits, im going to, need my brecky & proper tea lol, ( and some quite, anybody want 2 grand children for a couple off hrs)
C u all up there,

[Edited on 1/5/18 by andy188]

jossey

posted on 1/5/18 at 08:56 PM Reply With Quote
If you want a quiet night pitch up at the back of the site it's quieter there. It's busy and noisy near the fun fair and the side of the main building. Have a great time.

Thanks

David Johnson

Building my tiger avon slowly but surely.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.