Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: GY6 scooter oil seal
Andi

posted on 16/5/18 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
GY6 scooter oil seal

Hi,

I wanted a cheap second hand scooter but did not trust the cheap Chinese ones. So I went for a second hand Peugeot . I know nothing about scooters, which shows ...as what I had actually bought was a cheap Chinese scooter that has been re badged by Peugeot.
Anyways, insult taken on the chin and it ran ok for about a week. Then the input shaft oil seal popped out which I replaced. Off I went again for about a week and the same things happened again, so I replaced it using oil seal glue on the outer edges. Lasted about 2 weeks and its out again.

When changing the seal I have checked the shaft, it is clean, does not wobble, not scratched etc. The seal has a spring garter and I grease the inside edge of the seal where is comes into contact with the shaft and on the last occasion glued the outer edge to the casing.
The seal can be pushed home quite easily by hand and I tap the seal in so that its level and it sits inside the hole by about 1/2 mm.

I have resorted to some youtube videos whereby some people grease the outside as well as the inside of the seal but I am not sure this is the way??
Can anyone shed some pointers as to what im doing/not doing wrong???
Andi

[img]http:// Description
Description
[/img]

JAG

posted on 16/5/18 at 10:46 AM Reply With Quote
I think you should ask yourself - what causes it to 'pop-out'?

My first guess would be excess pressure from within the gearbox or whatever.

Does this gearbox/whatever have a breather or vent somewhere? Is that vent/breather blocked?

Justin

Who is this super hero? Sarge? ...No.
Rosemary, the telephone operator? ...No.
Penry, the mild-mannered janitor? ...Could be!

Andi

posted on 17/5/18 at 11:38 PM Reply With Quote
I dont think the 50cc has any vents etc. I certainly cannot find any or find any info online to state this. I am taking the dreaded gearbox apart this weekend so maybe something will show its self as the culprit.

Cheers
Andi

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/5/18 at 06:19 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andi
Hi,

I wanted a cheap second hand scooter but did not trust the cheap Chinese ones. So I went for a second hand Peugeot . I know nothing about scooters, which shows ...as what I had actually bought was a cheap Chinese scooter that has been re badged by Peugeot.

LOL so typical these days

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.