Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Cleaning a radiator with a puddle pump
TimC

posted on 13/4/20 at 03:31 PM Reply With Quote
Cleaning a radiator with a puddle pump

So, I’ve found some icky-ness in my cooling system that I want to flush through before the new engine goes in.

I was thinking of connecting the rad to a puddle pump and then firing some solution-or-other through it.

I can start with hot water but it will obviously cool in fairly short order. Can anyone suggest a product that you’d expect to do the best job please?

Thanks,

Tim

steve m

posted on 13/4/20 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
I have in the past, put dishwasher tablets in the cooling system and run them for a week or so, drain, and flush, and drain flush etc a few times, the crud that came out was incredible

Sometimes, just a good flush with a hose pipe attached and some pressure, then back flush as well works

This was in a crossflow

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

Bluemoon

posted on 13/4/20 at 07:44 PM Reply With Quote
Citric acid is good for aluminium.. Judging by how my aluminium pans come out of the dishwasher I don’t think I would use dishwasher tablets to aggressive for aluminium.
adithorp

posted on 13/4/20 at 10:59 PM Reply With Quote
At work we use Forte bio-degreaser and rad flush. Works better then anything else we've tried. If the rads off, pour in and 1/2 fill with hot water. Cap off and shake.

https://www.forteuk.co.uk/product/bio-degreaser-cooling-system-flush/

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.