Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Trying to fit into a wide body Westfield.. seats & steering wheel query
Jhoof2010

posted on 20/5/20 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
Trying to fit into a wide body Westfield.. seats & steering wheel query

Afternoon all,

I’m looking for advice and parts to enable me to fit in a wide body Westfield.

I’m 6’3 and 15 stone, I can sit in the car atm but can’t get into a position to drive it safely, knees are tight under the dash and steering wheel making it hard to switch pedals. Thinking of changing the seats to some slim line fibreglass ones and swap to a Removable steering wheel, maybe a flat bottom one if anyone has found that it helps?

What do you think? Will this create enough space or do I need to look into a lowered floor?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Jamie

JimSpencer

posted on 20/5/20 at 02:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi

I'd suggest taking the seat out completely to see if you then have plenty of room?
Quite often it's the seat mechanism and mounting that takes up the space, loose the lot and go from there..

Assuming you then fit:-

If it was for a track car you could then do the 'high density foam-rubber sheet on floor and an expanded foam seat' solution.

For a road car it might be trickier as you'll want some padding.. but at least you'll know what you're looking for?
In all probability a fixed mounting fibreglass shell type would do the job.
Seen some remarkably big blokes in sevens, so assume you'd find a way!

pmc_3

posted on 20/5/20 at 02:45 PM Reply With Quote
As above, if the current seats are on runners that adds about an inch. Fibreglass ones mounted directly to the floor might give you the space you need.
gingerprince

posted on 20/5/20 at 03:36 PM Reply With Quote
I'm 6'4" and over 16 stone, and I have plenty of room in my MK Indy (which I believe is widebody size?) For me I removed the runners - the seat is directly bolted to the floor and doesn't move - but only I drive it so it doesn't need to. My steering wheel is also small - it's a removable wheel (thought i don't need to remove it to get in/out), I believe from a Kart.

I have enough room to heel/toe and get my hands all around the wheel.

Jhoof2010

posted on 21/5/20 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the advice guys, have taken the seats out and fabricated a new one, i'm in!

Don't think I need a removable wheel now with the extra room its given me, just need a smaller one, current is 13inch, a smaller D-shaped deep dish one would be even better I recon.

If anyone reading this has any for sale drop me a message plz.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.