Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Axle weights
MEERKAT

posted on 28/6/20 at 06:44 PM Reply With Quote
Axle weights

Hi all knowing oracles of the kit world, I have a question I'm still building( been at it years) an MK Indy with a 2.0 pinto engine and was struggling to find the weights for the front and rear axles and was wondering what have people put down as the gross weights and axle weights on the IVA applications and on the VIN plate? Any help would be much appreciated.

"To alcohol, the cause and solution to all of life's problems"
- Homer J Simpson

adithorp

posted on 29/6/20 at 06:50 AM Reply With Quote
Between 400+500 per axle. My Fury has A-500, B-500 Total-1000. Think thats or similar is pretty common.

It has to be more than the actual weight on the IVA scales, plus the fixed amounts for passengers and luggage. The braking weight for the test is worked out from the actual weight, not what you put as axle weight so no problem there.

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

MEERKAT

posted on 30/6/20 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks for that adithorp.

- Homer J Simpson

jwallbank

posted on 1/7/20 at 08:46 AM Reply With Quote
Axle Weights

You don't need the axle weights on the VIN plate, you only need the manufacturer and the VIN. Leaving them off can be an advantage.

Unless you have scales, then make a reasonable assessment as suggested in the other replies and use these on the IVA application.

When it comes to the IVA test the inspector will check the weights and will query any issues with you. Often at that point they will let you change them but I'm not sure how they would handle that if they were already stamped on the VIN plate.

John W

MEERKAT

posted on 1/7/20 at 10:18 AM Reply With Quote
Cheers John that makes more sense than just guessing and stamping it in the VIN plate. I was issued A VIN plate from MK a few years ago but it didn't have any room for the axle weights to be stamped.

- Homer J Simpson

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.