Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: AB Performamce sad news
andyfiggy2002

posted on 6/9/20 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
AB Performamce sad news

from facebook, the end of a BEC legend, farewell Andy

Over the years I have posted literally thousands of updates on this page regarding the activities at AB Performance Ltd
Many of you have been with us since the early days and watched AB Performance grow from myself and the superbike engine business to the full on production of no less than four superbike powered cars, sharing with us our triumphs and failures, highs and lows along the way.
Over the years we have sought to bring you many solutions to help simplify the fitment of superbike engines into cars.
Well my friends this is to be one of my last posts on the page, 2020 started with so much promise but has descended into a torrid year and after much soul searching I have taken the decision to close the business.
Over the next few weeks we will be finishing off the few remaining cars and sending out the last parts that have been ordered, after this there will be a period of time while we sell the remaining stock and equipment (so keep your eyes open here - you might grab a bargain)
I will shortly be releasing the details of the new owners of the various projects so if you own an AB Performance vehicle don't worry the support will still be available and I hope you will support the new owners as you have ourselves.
AB Performance has been a massive part of my life for some 18 years and whilst recent months have been incredibly stressful, I have loved sharing in your various endeavours over the years.
I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support over the years it truly has been amazing.
My special thanks also to Nick and Dave for their dedication over the years, with over 70 years of motorsport experience between them, they really have been the backbone of the business.
I am not sure what comes next for myself quite yet but I am looking forward to spending some long overdue time with my wonderful Wife Sheena who has given up so much to allow me to run AB Performance over the years.
So for now I wish you all the very best of success with your chosen disciplines and I look forward to seeing the results of your exploits
Warmest regards
Andy
AB Performance Ltd

perksy

posted on 6/9/20 at 10:15 PM Reply With Quote
Very sad news indeed and I know Andy has been a great help to many builders and BEC owners over the years

Sad day for the 7 community and kit car builders & competitors alike

Andy, I hope everything works out for you in the future and I wish you all the very best as this must have been a very difficult decision

Hopefully you will pop on here now and again as I know your knowledge, experience and friendly help would be sadly missed if you didn't

russbost

posted on 7/9/20 at 07:28 AM Reply With Quote
That's a nasty shock! I would have thought AB Performance was a lot more solidly based than many kitcar businesses, really sorry to see Andy go from the business, he was a great asset to the kitcar industry, a genuinely nice, friendly & helpful guy to deal with & will be sorely missed.

Unfortunately with this bloody ridiculous Covid crap he isn't the first to go & will be far from the last - just wait till the furlough scheme comes to an end & the jobless total goes past 4,000,000 - Winter is coming!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Bluemoon

posted on 7/9/20 at 08:07 AM Reply With Quote
Sad news, sounds like re-adressing work life balance.. Good luck Andy with whatever is next..
SJ

posted on 7/9/20 at 08:41 AM Reply With Quote
quote:

Unfortunately with this bloody ridiculous Covid crap he isn't the first to go & will be far from the last - just wait till the furlough scheme comes to an end & the jobless total goes past 4,000,000 - Winter is coming!

Well said Russ

adithorp

posted on 7/9/20 at 09:21 AM Reply With Quote
Shame to see the business go. Hopefully the various cars continue with new manufacturers.
All the best Andy. Hope you stay in touch with the kit car world. We'll always have beer or a brew for you on the JPSC pitch at Stoneleigh

"A witty saying proves nothing" Voltaire

http://jpsc.org.uk/forum/

nick205

posted on 8/9/20 at 01:51 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
quote:

Well said Russ

Agreed

There's more to come I fear.

CRAIGR
Contributor

Posts 2750
Registered 30/8/05
Location Sussex

Photo Archive Go!
Building: Built v8 striker/blade fury/ R1 westy,now zetec we

posted on 8/9/20 at 03:04 PM Reply With Quote
All the very best Andy and enjoy the downtime. I’m sure you will still be keeping your hand in after a period of well deserved r&r.

[Edited on 8/9/20 by CRAIGR]

andyfiggy2002

posted on 22/2/21 at 05:17 PM Reply With Quote
MKsports cars snaps up AB Performance link
Sadly the best part of AB is gone, the vast BEC knowledge in Andy's head

loggyboy

posted on 22/2/21 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Cant imagine a worse end for AB. Sad end to a great name.

Mistral Motorsport

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.