Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Motorsport and MSUK
myke pocock

posted on 3/11/20 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Motorsport and MSUK

'We are all in this together' is an often heard mantra. Not according to MSUK. The ACU (Auto Cycle Union) have cancelled all competition permits until at least the end of this current lockdown but not MSUK. If you are "elite" you can continue, if not your permit is cancelled. How can they justify letting certain motorsport competitions continue. Isnt that sending out the completely wrong message? I have just concelled a club PCT that was due to go ahead on the 6th December, a few days after the planned lock down finishes as I considered it would be bad publicity to run so soon after the lock down let alone the possible effect on health to competitors and marshals. ALL sport should be cancelled under a lock down including elite.
HowardB

posted on 3/11/20 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by myke pocock
'We are all in this together' is an often heard mantra. Not according to MSUK. The ACU (Auto Cycle Union) have cancelled all competition permits until at least the end of this current lockdown but not MSUK. If you are "elite" you can continue, if not your permit is cancelled. How can they justify letting certain motorsport competitions continue. Isnt that sending out the completely wrong message? I have just concelled a club PCT that was due to go ahead on the 6th December, a few days after the planned lock down finishes as I considered it would be bad publicity to run so soon after the lock down let alone the possible effect on health to competitors and marshals. ALL sport should be cancelled under a lock down including elite.

The same seems to be the case for other sport - elite football is ok - 5 aside sunday game for under 11's is cancelled.

It is all about money according to my inner cynic

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

loggyboy

posted on 3/11/20 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
Why not lock every one in their houses?
Line has to be drawn somewhere and top end of motorsport is a business not a hobby.

Mistral Motorsport

myke pocock

posted on 4/11/20 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
Bit of a kick in the nuts for all those small businesses that are told to shut then eh? So on the back of letting elite motorsport continuing to run how many small businesses can then continue as well. One rule for one etc!!!

posted on 4/11/20 at 01:11 PM Reply With Quote
It's not a business IMHO when they expect people to turn up to marshal free of charge.

It's because of the attitude of "masks are not necessary" unless you have to go out on track to attend an incident that I
haven't been to my usual Snetterton venue. The virus can be caught from another marshal, in fact more likely so.

The elite, BTCC, F1, etc, seem to act as gods and think they should have a different set of rules to work from.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.