Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: What nut/spanner size for GTS camber adjuster
James

posted on 5/7/12 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
What nut/spanner size for GTS camber adjuster

Having stripped my suspension apart to modify my upper wishbones what nut/spanner size for GTS camber adjuster?

Calipers are saying 26.4mm. Is this something imperial?

I can use a 27mm I guess but as it's ali* I don't want to damage it. I'm tempted to file it down to 26mm but it's anodised so will ruin that!

Cheers,
James

* Yes, I know there's an issue with these ali ones. Chippy's and others for example. I've done 1700miles with mine and there's no sign of wear currently, for now, they'll have to do until I can afford to replace them!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

mcerd1

posted on 5/7/12 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
1 - 1/16" AF would be 26.98mm

I don't think there is a Whit / BSF one any closer....

[Edited on 5/7/2012 by mcerd1]

-

mookaloid

posted on 5/7/12 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
I used to use an adjustable

- as you are only holding it when tightening the lock nut it doesn't suffer any damage

"That thing you're thinking - it wont be that."

blakep82

posted on 5/7/12 at 12:17 PM Reply With Quote
rather than file the adjuster, i'd get a 26mm spanner, and file that out a bit

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

James

posted on 5/7/12 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
Just to add to my worries, I now think I'm being a little stupid ignoring this problem:

quote:
Originally posted by James

* Yes, I know there's an issue with these ali ones. Chippy's and others for example. I've done 1700miles with mine and there's no sign of wear currently, for now, they'll have to do until I can afford to replace them!

So I think the post is a little redundant now as I'm looking at changing the adjusters.

cheers,
James

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses, behind the lines, in the gym and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights." - Muhammad Ali

SALAD

posted on 5/7/12 at 02:58 PM Reply With Quote
Camber Adjusters Steel Front Top wishbone Kit Car Locost haynes roadster super 7 | eBay
ashg

posted on 5/7/12 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
personally i think you should do more than just look into it. why risk thousands of pounds worth of car on a crummy aluminium adjuster when there are good steel ones available for very little money. i may be a little biased though as i did have one of the ali ones fail catastrophically. luckily my mate chris that was driving at the time got away with it by the skin of his teeth.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

James

posted on 5/7/12 at 05:18 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
personally i think you should do more than just look into it. why risk thousands of pounds worth of car on a crummy aluminium adjuster when there are good steel ones available for very little money. i may be a little biased though as i did have one of the ali ones fail catastrophically. luckily my mate chris that was driving at the time got away with it by the skin of his teeth.

Don't worry, I am doing more. I made enquiries for some about 4 hours ago. I was being tactful!

Cheers,
James

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.