Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: First Drive
eddie99

posted on 18/11/11 at 10:05 PM Reply With Quote
First Drive

Hi Guys,
Well on Thursday the docs came through, unfortunately they have given me a q plate, not new

Been on the phone to them, apparently not enough receipts were shown even though when i turned up with my folder of receipts, they said they only need receipts for the few main bits, engine, suspension, body, chassis etc... Anyway i can appeal to that and i have a meeting at the DVLA on Monday. However they said i can still drive the car etc..

Anyway i went to get the car Wednesday night, had a tinker about and drove it 130miles to Coventry yesterday morning Still grinning, no real issues, its getting a bit hot at motorway speeds but i plan on putting in some vents to allow the air under the bonnet to exit through...

Looking forward to brands next wednesday

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Yorkie

posted on 18/11/11 at 10:27 PM Reply With Quote
Well done mate.
It's a great feeling isn't it?

myke pocock

posted on 18/11/11 at 10:55 PM Reply With Quote
Whats the hang up with a Q? Mines on one and it doesnt make a blind bit of difference to the driving experience. AND does it make any difference if you sell it on later?
eddie99

posted on 18/11/11 at 11:05 PM Reply With Quote
Well I think it makes a difference to value and also means I can't put a personal reg on it.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
GRRR

posted on 19/11/11 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Our docs turned up Thursday too from Chelmsford! At last!

Got plates on Thursday night (thank god for halfords late opening hours), then went driving :-)

Only problem so far was the gear lever bracket falling off.. now loctited properly, and it gets rather hot too despite the bay being throughly vented.

Hope you get your docs sorted out ok

bi22le

posted on 19/11/11 at 09:56 AM Reply With Quote
So you have only just finished the panther Eddie and then your bringing it to brands for a spanking!?

Good man, i plan on changing seats and doing final set ups this weekend ready for Wednesday. Bouncing of the walls!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

big-vee-twin

posted on 19/11/11 at 10:00 AM Reply With Quote
Very Jealous, but well done.

May join you on the road one day soon (Not!)

Duratec Engine is fitted, MS2 Extra V3 is assembled and tested, engine running, car now built. IVA passed 26/02/2016

http://www.triangleltd.com

mark chandler

posted on 19/11/11 at 10:30 AM Reply With Quote
Roll on Wednesday, sunny and 10 degrees according to BBC.

Todays will be a little fettling ready to go

Regards Mark

Daddylonglegs

posted on 19/11/11 at 03:17 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man!

Wish I could stop travelling with work so I could finish the last few bits and go for the IVA

Still, at least when it fails (as I'm sure it will 1st time, I'm never that lucky) then I'll not be missing the looooong hot spring & summer we're gonna get next year

P.S. Any piccies of the finished beast on the road?

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

eddie99

posted on 19/11/11 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah I'll get some piccies
pewe

posted on 19/11/11 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
Well done that man.
Up-side to a Q plate is that they can only test it for visual smoke on start-up when it's MOT'd (providing you keep it that long and also they know what they are doing!) .
Down-side is the road tax on mine is c£200.
Cheers, Pewe

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.