Board logo

130mph Cobra Crash In Car View
MikeFellows - 18/1/12 at 11:21 PM

ouch

Simon - 18/1/12 at 11:34 PM

Lucky, roll hoop didn't touch the ground once!

Shame as nice car.

ATB

Simon

slingshot2000 - 19/1/12 at 12:52 AM

I wonder if he would accept a silly bid on the motor and transmission,? They have obviously been run upside down, so there must be a chance they have oil starvation damage ?
Regards

Jon

Ivan - 19/1/12 at 07:47 AM

Wish I had never watched that - looks too much like my own Cobra for comfort. Daren't let the wife see it

rf900rush - 19/1/12 at 08:02 AM

Ouch.

Why the bath plug? (at 1.17 / 1.18)

Agriv8 - 19/1/12 at 08:04 AM

spotted the cause the plug came out look at 1.16 !?! glad he was ok.

the vid shows why ary restraints are a good idea in an open top ??

good adver for go-pro camera !!!

ATB Agriv8

snapper - 19/1/12 at 08:04 AM

Not enough roll cage for my liking
OUCH

Agriv8 - 19/1/12 at 08:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by rf900rush
Ouch.

Why the bath plug? (at 1.17 / 1.18)

you must be a quiker typer than me Damn the two slow fingers ;-)

whitestu - 19/1/12 at 08:08 AM

Why does the marshall seem to pushing down on top of the guys crash helemt? I would have thought there was a strong chance of some kneck damage and that wouldn't help!

AndyW - 19/1/12 at 09:11 AM

When you watch the slow mo bit, just look how much his crash helmet moves. Almost as if the straps are not tight enough. I realise the immense forces at work during a crash but to see the helmet move so far is worrying. Glad he's ok tho@

scary moment.

Think I might just increase my roll bar strength

scootz - 19/1/12 at 09:36 AM

Pah... I crashed harder on my BMX when I was 9!

owelly - 19/1/12 at 09:36 AM

As said, thats why more places are insisting on arm restraints in open top cars. I don't like using mine but I think I may make more of an effort in future!

MikeRJ - 19/1/12 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
Why does the marshall seem to pushing down on top of the guys crash helemt? I would have thought there was a strong chance of some kneck damage and that wouldn't help!

That's the first thing I wondered as well, didn't look like a very clever thing to do. I thought you weren't supposed to even remove someone's helmet after an accident, let along push down on their head?

loggyboy - 19/1/12 at 09:51 AM

I dont think the marshal is pushing on it, seems more just to be placing his hand there?

[Edited on 19/1/12 by loggyboy]

Benzine - 19/1/12 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJI thought you weren't supposed to even remove someone's helmet after an accident, let along push down on their head?

That was my first thought too

roadrunner - 19/1/12 at 10:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Benzine
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJI thought you weren't supposed to even remove someone's helmet after an accident, let along push down on their head?

That was my first thought too

And mine.
How much does it cost for a full roll age to be installed.

scootz - 19/1/12 at 10:18 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
I thought you weren't supposed to even remove someone's helmet after an accident...

Only remove it if they are not breathing, choking, or are bleeding to death from a wound that you cannot get access to with the helmet on.

MikeCapon - 19/1/12 at 11:57 AM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
When you watch the slow mo bit, just look how much his crash helmet moves. Almost as if the straps are not tight enough. I realise the immense forces at work during a crash but to see the helmet move so far is worrying. Glad he's ok tho@

scary moment.

Think I might just increase my roll bar strength

Even with helmet straps and harnesses done up really tightly it is hard to believe how much everything moves about when you have any kind of significant impact.

The late (and in my opinion great) Tony Pond famously went off into a tree on one of the Sunday spectator stages of the RAC when driving an SD1. Tony was fanatical about getting his harnesses and helmet straps tight and despite the fact that it was a relatively mild impact, his helmet hit the gear lever during the accident. There were matching marks on both the helmet and the gear lever....

nick205 - 19/1/12 at 12:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Pah... I crashed harder on my BMX when I was 9!

Me too, many times...or at least it felt that way

Has to be said though the younger you are the less it seems to hurt!

scootz - 19/1/12 at 12:32 PM

Yup... I dont 'bounce' as well as I used to Nick!

I see that the subject of arm-restraints came up in the thread. It's not something you hear much, but they are definitely a worthwhile investment if you're running a low-sided, open-top vehicle! Roll your seven and your arms WILL be flailing about!

norfolkluego - 19/1/12 at 01:04 PM

There was a nasty one at Snetterton last year in an MX5 race, door opened during the crash and his arm was flailing around, chap sustained fairly nasty arm damage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OfWjXzvVoL0

With arm restraints he might have walked (wobbled?) away

Bare - 19/1/12 at 04:58 PM

"Kit Kar" speaks volumes ... sadly.