Board logo

ne7ers Teesside trackday 20th April
petrolhead - 25/2/09 at 10:49 PM

Mike and I have booked Teesside for another stupendous ne7ers trackday at Teesside Autodrome :-))))

Usual format. Open Pitlane, as much track time as you can handle and lunch. se7ens only.

It should be £85, assuming we get 30 cars. As usual if we struggle for numbers then there might have to be a slight increase.

Could you please email me, peter at pellis dot co dot uk with the word TRACKDAY 09 in the subject ASAP (PLEASE, EMAIL ONLY NOT PM). Can I ask that when emailing me you include the following please:

FULL NAME
TELEPHONE NUMBER
CAR MAKE AND MODEL

I need names by 27/3 and money by 3/4 for this to go ahead. Once I have names I will send out the payment request.

For those that haven't been before this is one of the friendliest and most relaxed trackdays that you can do, very little traffic out on the circuit and good banter in the pits.

[Edited on 26/2/09 by petrolhead]

Guinness - 25/2/09 at 10:53 PM

Whooo hooo!

I'm in

Mike

PAUL FISHER - 25/2/09 at 11:40 PM

Great little track teeside,tight and twisty,worth the trip just for the bacon butties in the morning,and the chicken curry for lunch,the tracks just a added bonus
I would be up for it again but Ive only got the clio at the moment and its sevens only event.

Here's a few laps of the track for those who have not been before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW0dSH4fUTY&feature=channel_page

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Wadders - 26/2/09 at 12:46 AM

Bloody hell, i need to sort a new engine out.
Don't want to miss another Teeside.
And that's my birthday, must be an omen

Al.

uklee70 - 26/2/09 at 10:02 AM

Can a little 500 speedster come along?

owelly - 26/2/09 at 10:19 AM

Can I come and play? It's not a Se7en but it's small!!

Hellfire - 26/2/09 at 12:20 PM

Sounds good It will give us an opportunity to see what effects the modifications we've made, has on the handling. Providing I can keep away from the tyre walls.

Phil

carlgeldard - 26/2/09 at 12:42 PM

When's is a se7en not a se7en. Could I come and play?????

<<<<<<<<<<<

PAUL FISHER - 26/2/09 at 12:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by carlgeldard
When's is a se7en not a se7en. Could I come and play?????

<<<<<<<<<<<

I think it should be anything up to the size of a Clio,should be classed as a se7en please
<<<<<<<<<<<<

carlgeldard - 26/2/09 at 01:12 PM

<<<<<<<<<<<

I think it should be anything up to the size of a Clio,should be classed as a se7en please
<<<<<<<<<<<<

It is a one 7 two clio

[Edited on 26/2/09 by carlgeldard]

Dangle_kt - 26/2/09 at 02:16 PM

I have my SVA a few days after that...hmmm... should I...shouldn't I... it will be a good fun event, and the car will be done in time, its just I'm nervous about loosing a magnet off the prop or something similarly dumb and failing the SVA because of it.

hmmmmmmmm....

petrolhead - 26/2/09 at 02:35 PM

The ne7ers trackdays have always been for 7 type vehicles and Lotus only.

Sorry, no chav cars

Andy D - 26/2/09 at 03:28 PM

quote:
Originally posted by petrolhead
The ne7ers trackdays have always been for 7 type vehicles and Lotus only.

Sorry, no chav cars

Phoenix should be OK should it not Peter, and I'd vote the little Fiat 500 roadster in, purely on the sound of the Triumph three pot motor. It sounds like a wee 6R4.

No chav cars.. Paul, cant you borrow a Busa MK for the day.

PAUL FISHER - 26/2/09 at 04:03 PM

Might have to come along to watch and eat the food then ,but if you need someone to make the numbers up let us know,will be there Rescued attachment chav car.jpg
Rescued attachment chav car.jpg

petrolhead - 26/2/09 at 06:20 PM

Can I ask that when emailing me you inclide the following please:

FULL NAME
TELEPHONE NUMBER
CAR MAKE AND MODEL

Thanks

oioi - 26/2/09 at 09:06 PM

pheonix/fury/raw fulcrum etc are just se7ens in a prettier body

(can you guess what i want for my next car?)

bigfoot4616 - 26/2/09 at 09:28 PM

dont think the car will be back together in time

Andy D - 27/2/09 at 04:10 PM

Chop chop! get it sorted then..

bigfoot4616 - 27/2/09 at 09:39 PM

i'm working on it

Andy D - 2/3/09 at 08:53 AM

Monday nudge...

petrolhead - 5/3/09 at 05:40 PM

So far we only have 18 interested people and need 30 for this to go ahead, so if your lurking and thinking about it don't wait too long or it may be cancelled

Andy D - 6/3/09 at 12:08 PM

Friday bump, with a pic for inspiration.

Come on lads, it really is a cracking little circuit for "our" cars.

Andy D - 8/3/09 at 04:08 PM

petrolhead - 10/3/09 at 03:46 PM

This looks on course for going ahead with a modest increase to £95.

This is still good value concidering there will be lots of tracktime due to a reduced number of cars, open pit and lunch

Hellfire - 10/3/09 at 06:13 PM

Come on guys this is a great little track. Heres a little vid of Andy D following our old man. (I'm sure Andy won't mind) Hopefully we'll have cured the excessive body roll.

Video clip

Phil

Andy D - 10/3/09 at 06:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Come on guys this is a great little track. Heres a little vid of Andy D following our old man. (I'm sure Andy won't mind) Hopefully we'll have cured the excessive body roll.

Video clip

Phil

Apart from your little off Phil, that was a bloody good day.

frodo_monkey - 11/3/09 at 05:44 PM

Only just seen this, live 20mins away...

Whats the score with a race car and trackdays? Only ever raced before, not trackday'd. I presume if the car is OK to pass race scrutineering it'll be fine...

Also, noise limit? My car runs at about 103dB so I need a 105dB limit.

If the above makes me suitable, I'm well up for it - need to check with work first obviously

Guinness - 11/3/09 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by frodo_monkey
Only just seen this, live 20mins away...

Whats the score with a race car and trackdays? Only ever raced before, not trackday'd. I presume if the car is OK to pass race scrutineering it'll be fine...

Also, noise limit? My car runs at about 103dB so I need a 105dB limit.

If the above makes me suitable, I'm well up for it - need to check with work first obviously

Hi Frodo, you are best off emailing Peter at the address he used earlier on in this thread.

We've had all sorts of 7's on track before, some road legal, some not. Some race prepared, some just for a pre-SVA shakedown. We've even had a Jedi and a 7.5 tonne truck on track!

Cheers

Mike

frodo_monkey - 11/3/09 at 08:12 PM

Emailed!

Hope I can come along, saves trekking down to Mallory to go testing...

Hellfire - 12/3/09 at 03:07 PM

Another inspirational picture:

Image deleted by owner

Steve

Guinness - 12/3/09 at 08:23 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
Friday bump, with a pic for inspiration.

Come on lads, it really is a cracking little circuit for "our" cars.

Who's that handsome chap driving that great looking car?

Mike

Andy D - 13/3/09 at 12:42 PM

quote:

Who's that handsome chap driving that great looking car?

Would it be Mark J in the Lotus?

owelly - 16/3/09 at 08:44 PM

quote:

Would it be Mark J in the Lotus?

Yup! That's the Piemeister in his 'Lotus'!

frodo_monkey - 16/3/09 at 08:46 PM

Right, definitely coming along now, can't wait! Car is off to Procomp in a fortnight for a full setup, hope I can handle it around Teesside

petrolhead - 16/3/09 at 09:34 PM

Just to let you know I have sent an email out asking for loot, which I need in my account by 27th March

MkII - 16/3/09 at 09:50 PM

can anyone confirm what noise limit is .thanks. m.

Andy D - 17/3/09 at 03:05 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MkII
can anyone confirm what noise limit is .thanks. m.

Just phoned Teesside. They said the noise limit is "as low as possible" and added a nominal 105db. They're fairly generous, and noise hasn't been a problem on past events.

petrolhead - 17/3/09 at 05:32 PM

They are pretty relaxed just so long as your car is not obviously noisy.

frodo_monkey - 17/3/09 at 05:37 PM

Thats handy, mine is 103dB...

Andy D - 23/3/09 at 01:42 PM

..another Monday bump, with inspirational pic for the late bookers..

Looking forward to it allready.

coozer - 23/3/09 at 01:59 PM

AH shucks... nice photo there, just reminds me i need to adjust that mirror a bit.

Wish I was coming but no holidays left due to enforced shutdowns at xmas and easter...

Andy D - 23/3/09 at 02:22 PM

quote:

Wish I was coming but no holidays left due to enforced shutdowns at xmas and easter...

I, on the other hand, have loads of time off, but no income..

Hard times. Dont know if it's anything to do with this dammed credit crunch thing, but I've noticed a lot of very poorly subscibed events on various trackday websites.

Hellfire - 23/3/09 at 11:34 PM

Andy = what sort of work are you into?

Steve

Andy D - 24/3/09 at 09:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Andy = what sort of work are you into?

Steve

I think I may have retired Steve. Was in manufacturing, CNC machines, but I'm just looking for something to give me a modest amount of pocket money now. Bank manager, MP, you know the sort of thing...

Something will show up, no doubt, thanks for your concern.

Back on topic with yet another inspiring pic.

That's a couple of years ago Darren.

DarrenW - 24/3/09 at 09:51 AM

You utter PIG !!!!!!!!

I was so trying hard to resist this trackday. Secretly planning to put car back on the road in a week or so too. Probs wont have enough pocket money to come out for a play though (oh and the slight issue that im in Italy that week with work so couldnt even if i wanted to).

Thats me Da in front - i must have been coming round to lap him Defo a couple of years ago - i didnt get a track day in last year.

Andy D - 24/3/09 at 09:56 AM

quote:
Originally posted by DarrenW
You utter PIG !!!!!!!!

I was so trying hard to resist this trackday. Secretly planning to put car back on the road in a week or so too. Probs wont have enough pocket money to come out for a play though (oh and the slight issue that im in Italy that week with work so couldnt even if i wanted to).

Thats me Da in front - i must have been coming round to lap him Defo a couple of years ago - i didnt get a track day in last year.

Excuses excuses! the mere fact you're not in the country, pah! Is Daddy Wake coming out to play then?

Andy D - 31/3/09 at 01:08 PM

Best give this a nudge, not long to go now.

coozer - 31/3/09 at 01:10 PM

Still got nee hols and laid off next week... new rest days 1st may, timing was just all wrong

:{THC}:YosamiteSam - 2/4/09 at 01:26 AM

i would love to go but im skint.. keep getting bills... dying to try the busa out for real..

petrolhead - 12/4/09 at 09:05 PM

Calling Mark Littlefair. Not sure if you frequent this forum. I got you email and replied to it but it bounced:

marco - 14/4/09 at 08:56 AM

Just read it and e mailed you from a different address, should work now.

Mark

Andy D - 14/4/09 at 05:52 PM

Just been greasing the anchor chain in preparation.. not long now!

Guinness - 14/4/09 at 07:28 PM

quote:
Just been greasing the anchor chain in preparation.. not long now!

Nice one Capt'n!

Mike

Andy D - 15/4/09 at 11:01 AM

Starting to watch the weather now, I have a set of slicks, the same ones that did last November's Teesside trackday, and a pretty old set of 888s. So if it rains, I shall be sat in the cafe.

petrolhead - 16/4/09 at 06:50 AM

quote:
Starting to watch the weather now, I have a set of slicks, the same ones that did last November's Teesside trackday, and a pretty old set of 888s. So if it rains, I shall be sat in the cafe.

Just have fun slip sliding away

petrolhead - 16/4/09 at 06:50 AM

Fininal instruction have been sent by email

Only one bounce - Andy Hugill. If you know him please pass on the details

Ta

Andy D - 18/4/09 at 07:28 PM

Forecast looking goooooood.

Just spotted this on Google Earth, Lotus trackday? (Or ne7ers with not a lot of 7's?) I think I recognise the yellow / orange car.

frodo_monkey - 19/4/09 at 11:25 AM

Weather forecast says fog early in the morning followed by 'Scorchio'!

Just out to pack the slicks...

frodo_monkey - 19/4/09 at 02:21 PM

Won't be coming now...

[Edited on 19/4/09 by frodo_monkey]

Andy D - 19/4/09 at 04:22 PM

What's happened? is that a bit of Fireblade lying on the deck? Water? Is it not fixable at the circuit with a part? (That maybe someone has lying about...)

frodo_monkey - 19/4/09 at 04:37 PM

That is unfortunately the corner of my sump together with the plug, and 4ish litres of your finest Millers ZSS 10W/40...

Not really fixable today or tomorrow!

Oh well, was going to order a shortened sump anyway so thats just accelerated the process. I've already paid for the trackday if anyone local wants to take my place?

Andy D - 19/4/09 at 04:38 PM

Bugger! Did you catch it on the trailer?

frodo_monkey - 19/4/09 at 04:44 PM

Yep... Sods law isn't it! Last time I caught something on the trailer I wiped out the radiator of my 205 race car the night before a rolling road sesh

owelly - 19/4/09 at 10:13 PM

Awwwww feck!!
Come along anyway and have a few passenger rides!

Andy D - 20/4/09 at 09:11 PM

Superb day, the weather could'nt have been better! probably a bit too much sun, I feel a bit frazzled.

Got loads of pics and video footage, will get some more up tomorrow. (There's a video loading up now, but it's mainly my car from the blue Westy)

First video has uploadedallready! HERE

The two black MKs looked cool together.

[Edited on 20/4/09 by Andy D]

[Edited on 20/4/09 by Andy D]

petrolhead - 20/4/09 at 09:26 PM

Some photos from Today

http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j25/1st_petrolhead/Teesside%20April%2009/

PAUL FISHER - 20/4/09 at 09:55 PM

Looks like you all had a good day,I will await the video's Andy,"Owellys" passenger looks a little concerned at his racing lines through this corner Rescued attachment teeside abc.jpg
Rescued attachment teeside abc.jpg

Hellfire - 20/4/09 at 10:17 PM

Got to admit the day was one of the best we've been to. Having sorted out the geometry of the Indy it now handles better than it ever has.
When I get some video footage; of which we have about 2 hours I'll upload it. Until then I'll sort out the 185 pictures we took!
It was really great to see lots of old faces and quite a few new ones - as soon as the video and pictures are uploaded I'll post!!!

Steve

Guinness - 21/4/09 at 06:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Looks like you all had a good day,I will await the video's Andy,"Owellys" passenger looks a little concerned at his racing lines through this corner

I think you'll find that the passenger was holding his head on, due to the enormous cornering forces generated by taking that line.

Cheers

Mike

owelly - 21/4/09 at 08:06 AM

In defence of my terrible driving, I'm a terrible driver.......
I'd like to say that I took that line as it was the best line for the set-up of my car. But in reality, it was that line or the pit wall.......

And my passenger, Trev Borg, was recovering from a skiing accident and I promised I would go steady. He was trying to stop his head from rolling off his shoulders.

Andy D - 21/4/09 at 08:16 AM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
In defence of my terrible driving, I'm a terrible driver.......
I'd like to say that I took that line as it was the best line for the set-up of my car. But in reality, it was that line or the pit wall.......

And my passenger, Trev Borg, was recovering from a skiing accident and I promised I would go steady. He was trying to stop his head from rolling off his shoulders.

Sorry, couldn't resist this one..

Bad luck with the engine btw.

Andy D - 21/4/09 at 08:44 AM

Few more pics..

owelly - 21/4/09 at 08:46 AM

I've not had a good day until I've had a black flag!!
The engine just needs a tweak with a screwdriver........

Coose - 21/4/09 at 09:46 AM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
The engine just needs a tweak with a screwdriver........

A bloody big screwdriver, with a bit of assistance from Mr Lump Hammer perchance?

PAUL FISHER - 21/4/09 at 11:07 AM

I think Mike on this picture must have been expecting a bit of rain on the way round the circuit,don't leave home without your umberella

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER] Rescued attachment mike teeside.jpg
Rescued attachment mike teeside.jpg

Andy D - 21/4/09 at 11:14 AM

quote:

I think Mike on this picture must have been expecting a bit of rain on the way round the circuit,don't leave home without your umberella

I think that's his trade mark. Dont think I've ever seen that car without the brolly sticking up. ...S'pose it could be his emergency brake parachute in case of brake failure!

owelly - 21/4/09 at 01:52 PM

I've been lucky with the engine. It just needs a couple of new spark plugs and it will be fixed.......

owelly - 21/4/09 at 03:06 PM

Here's my youtube effort. You have to wait (or fast forward) until about 6 minutes for the wobbly moments!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VamWg0IndNc

Guinness - 21/4/09 at 05:36 PM

quote:
quote:

I think that's his trade mark. Dont think I've ever seen that car without the brolly sticking up. ...S'pose it could be his emergency brake parachute in case of brake failure!

Not that I'm superstitious, but this was the last trackday I did without that brolly:-

me under water
me under water

I look stupid to keep the track dry!

Mike

Andy D - 21/4/09 at 08:12 PM

Best you weld that brolly to your roll bar then! It certainly did it's stuff yesterday.

Andy D - 21/4/09 at 09:09 PM

Latest video just uploaded, it features a blade engined Lotus 7 plus a few laps behind a yellow ZX12 MK. ..no idea who it was!

BEC V BEC

A link to the first one HERE too.

marco - 22/4/09 at 12:08 PM

"The two black MKs looked cool together. "

Yep there's me pushing hellfire and my mate Dave ...lol not bad for a little ZX9...

I'm needing more power now though it's just not enough......

Andy D - 22/4/09 at 07:53 PM

quote:

Yep there's me pushing hellfire and my mate Dave ...lol not bad for a little ZX9...

..talking of pushing Hellfire, come on lads, get the vids up!

A few more pics while we're waiting.

bigfoot4616 - 22/4/09 at 09:24 PM

looks like i missed a really good day. will definatly have to make the next one