Board logo

MNR Vortx - valuation please
Wheels244 - 25/10/10 at 07:48 PM

Hello All

This is not one of those 'testing the water posts' - I'm thinking of selling my MNR and I need your help for a valuation please. Also where's this the best place to advertise it ? Pistonheads I guess is one place, anywhere else ? I'm loathed to put it on ebay for the obvious reasons.

I realise this is probably the worst time to sell, but I've got an itch to build again.

Having said that there are a number of things I would consider in px for it - and the list is varied !
Twin axle caravan ( I know !!! )
BMW GS1200
Elise
Imprezza or Evo
Track car ( BEC )

Here's the spec briefly and afew pics.
I've over 400 pics of the build if anybody would like to see more.

MNR Vortx RT Inboard

R1 5PW Fuel Injected engine,supplied by Malc, Yorkshire Engines
Powercommander 3
Carbon fibre exhaust can ( R1 )
R1 Bike clocks
Paddleshift
Quaiffe reverse box.
Barnett Clutch Conversion.
3.38 Diff ( correct ratio for BEC )
Protec damper and springs all round ( adjustable )
Removeable OMP steering wheel.
Savage switches used throughout, including engine start button.
Racetec fuel and oil pressure gauges.
4 point Sabelt harnesses
Discs all round
Raceleda uprights and front calipers
Goodridge hoses
Team Dynamics wheels with R888 tyres
Racetec mirrors
Aero filler cap
Professionally wired - the only job I outsourced, carried out by the auto electrician that MNR use.
Full Race Cage with removeable side bars ( T45 spec steel )
All ally panels powder coated black - so no scabby ally panels to see.
All electrics mounted under scuttle for a very tidy engine bay.
All parts new apart from engine hence 09 plate.

I'm an apprentice trained engineer and very fastidious when it comes to quality.

I've done about 1000 miles in it since it was registered - haven't had time to do any more - and it usually rains on my days off.

It cost me a shade over £13k to get it built and SVA'd, registered etc. I realise I won't get that for it, please be honest, but not too brutal in the valuation !

If anyone on here is interested in it, it will be availble for viewing in about 3 weeks ( busy with work ), oh yes and it taxed.

Goes without saying it's very quick and corners like it's on rails.

I don't intend to give it away - it doesn't attract a reasonable price I'll just keep it and have fun next year.

Cheers

Rob

Description
Description

[img]http://locostbuilders.co.uk/upload/2Front finished.jpg[/img

Description
Description

Description
Description

Description
Description

marcjagman - 25/10/10 at 08:07 PM

To be honest, why shouldn't you get your money back? It's practically new. How much for equivelant Westy or Caterham?

RichardK - 25/10/10 at 08:56 PM

Stunning car you have there...

To be honest because of the market and time of year I would value it at £8500 - £9500

Probably not what you wanted to see but hope you get more.

Cheers

Rich

scootz - 25/10/10 at 09:17 PM

Can't help with the pricing, but got to say that is a lovely car!

Good luck with the sale!

JoelP - 26/10/10 at 05:17 PM

have to agree with richard, bearing in mind the reverse box and raceledas. This really isnt the time of year to get a quick sale/good price though. I dont think youd get more than 10k in spring though.

If you bought a new sports car you expect to lose more in the first year though, so its not all bad!

richardh - 26/10/10 at 06:07 PM

Agree with Richard above. Had one so know how you feel

Dangle_kt - 27/10/10 at 11:35 AM

I have been this car inthe flesh as it was nearly complete. It is a very tidy build and a credit to the care taken over the build.

Shame you're selling, but at least it's for another build!

Wheels244 - 27/10/10 at 08:42 PM

Thanks everyone for the comments about the car and the valuations.
Price wise I suppose it could have been worse.
I don't know whether to bother advertising it or not - if I did, I guess I'd put it up for £9995.00 and see what happened.
Has anyone got experience of Pistonheads for selling ? Would I be likely to attract the numpties that frequent eBay wanting me to take an old bed stead in px

As said before - If it doesn't attract a reasonable price, I'll just keep it.

Cheers everyone

Rob

richardh - 28/10/10 at 07:57 AM

i used pistonheads for a bit but got a load of tyre kickers, test pilots and dreamers. along with the "i'll swap you this for it" kak.
In the end i left it on the driveway with a big sign on it but then my drive is onto a busy B road so gets loads of traffic.
got 8500 for mine in the end!