Board logo

F/S TVR Chimaera
tom_loughlin - 5/2/08 at 09:26 PM

FOR SALE
The second of my fleet: 1996 (P) TVR Chimaera 4.0 RV8 in metallic Starmist Blue. She has done 57k miles from new, I have done 8k in the 9 months I have owned her – not let me down. I have had her off the road over winter, where I have recovered the hood, changed all fluids and given her a really good tidy.

Specs:
RV8 Engine, with later Borg Warner T5 Gearbox
She is comepletely factory standard including LSD, standard 16” alloys and stainless exhaust giving that classic TVR sound – still the most amazing car I think I’ve heard on the road!
Officially upgraded switchgear, Dash and buttons with Leven Ally items. Full leather interior – with no rips/tears.
Factory standard Immobiliser/central locking.
Later (post 98 Cerbera style) front end from new.

Again, My only reason for selling is so I can afford my new project – a chapel for complete renovation. In four years or so when that is finished, I can get back into my cars again, but I don’t think either my TVR or my MR2 could survive the 100mile daily round trip to work.

I always vowed I would own my first TVR by the time I was 25, kind of hoping this one would put me off for life – but she has done the exact opposite – I love driving her – the exhaust note never fails to put a smile on your face, and in the summer with the roof down, it really is a fantastic driving experience!

Again, If anyone wants specific pics/more details, please do not hesitate to drop me a line and I will do my best to answer any queries

I am looking for £8250 for the car, or may be interested in a deal for a RWD diesel (Ideally BMW 320cd or similar) Rescued attachment tvr6.jpg
Rescued attachment tvr6.jpg

gingerprince - 6/2/08 at 12:30 PM

Looks very tidy. Still miss my Griffith 500 :sniff: