Board logo

Caterham Hood
ALEXARAS - 22/2/08 at 10:19 PM

Hood from Caterham 7 narrow body (not SV). From 2001 Roadsport.

Overall good condition with no tears or holes, all poppers sound.

The windows are not perfect as there are a few scratches/scrapes that are difficult to photo.

Will definetely keep you dry!!

I think £100 is a fair price including delivery. As new would cost £400+ i am told.

Mobile number: 07726450799

[Edited on 22/2/08 by ALEXARAS]

D Beddows - 23/2/08 at 12:41 AM

Sorry to be a pain - the 'weather pack' from Caterham costs £420 inc vat but that includes sidescreens, hoodstick assembly, hood bag AND the hood - if you add up the price of everything bar the hood you're left with about £50.......oh and the hood wont fit a locost either, width or length ways

Sorry again - but have you tried Blatchat on the 7's site?

ALEXARAS - 23/2/08 at 01:02 PM

I am told it will fit a Locost as it is from a Narrow body Caterham. I did not have the chance to check it myself.

I would definetely not sell for £50..
Sensible offers are accepted.

Regards
Alex

Confused but excited. - 24/2/08 at 04:08 PM

I would if I were you.
I got a nice white one off another Locoster on here, including the doors, for £25.

rusty nuts - 24/2/08 at 05:29 PM

Looks very much like the one sold on ebay last week, think it is even the same photo with the ebay logo ?

ALEXARAS - 24/2/08 at 06:29 PM

Yes it is.

I bought it for £70 and paid for postage. They always go for more than £100-£120+ on ebay. A similar westfield hood went for £120 two or three days ago.
I got a bargain and so can you.
I just need to buy a new set of wheels.
After bidding I thought that I won't need it in Greece as it has sunshine most of the time. Plus i would have to pay for extra postage costs.

In any case i prefer to keep it rather than losing money out of it.

PS: I would not buy a white one not even for £10.

In any case the hood is most probably sold. Thank you for your time.

Alex

D Beddows - 24/2/08 at 09:42 PM

hmmm buying a hood from ebay and then trying to sell it on to us for a profit........

Ah well best of luck to you I suppose, I still maintain a Caterham hood it wont fit a Locost at all well but if you've got a buyer they must know something I don't - either that or they own a Caterham of course

ALEXARAS - 24/2/08 at 11:06 PM

Dear D Beddows,

I was open to offers. I did not try to hide anything. I was looking for a long time for a hood that cheap. And finally I did not try to sell it making a profit. I had one offer and I accepted it from a very kind man. I finally sold the hood for £80 delivered to Norway.
I think I lost some money and time but it was a fair deal. I don't know what I did wrong or why i should be ashamed?

Regards
Alex

erwe - 25/2/08 at 10:32 AM

quote:
Originally posted by ALEXARAS
I sold the hood for £80 delivered to Norway.

I hope you mean me but I'm living in Holland!

ALEXARAS - 25/2/08 at 11:09 AM

quote:
Originally posted by erwe
quote:
I sold the hood for £80 delivered to Norway.

I hope you mean me but I'm living in Holland!

Its you i am speaking about erwe.

Sorry i confused the places.

[Edited on 25/2/08 by ALEXARAS]

Confused but excited. - 25/2/08 at 07:22 PM

quote:

Alex

If the car I am building was the same colour as yours, neither would I, but it ain't and white will look so much better than black on mine.

ALEXARAS - 26/2/08 at 01:41 PM

You are probably right on that

quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
quote:

Alex

If the car I am building was the same colour as yours, neither would I, but it ain't and white will look so much better than black on mine.