Board logo

Bargain trolley jack set
UncleFista - 27/2/11 at 01:29 PM

B&Q £15, includes a jack, axle stands, a pair of wheel chocks and a plastic case.

[Edited on 27/2/11 by UncleFista]

RichardK - 27/2/11 at 01:35 PM

That really is good value.

Mr G - 27/2/11 at 03:38 PM

Reserved one last night and picked it up this morning, amazingly they actually had the item - I've reserved things for collection before and they never even had them!

Seem the same quality as the hilka (jack/stands/chocs/car creeper etc) set I got cheap from argos years ago.

IIRC whsmiths are handing out 15% off vouchers for B&Q with purchases instore (my other half brought one home) so maybe worth a look before purchasing anything at B&Q first to get a bit of a discount

coozer - 27/2/11 at 03:45 PM

why lad how.... just got a jack last week out of aldi.... Doh!

Mr G - 27/2/11 at 03:49 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
why lad how.... just got a jack last week out of aldi.... Doh!

I saw them instore @Aldi and was undecided, went in a few days later and the pallet they were on had been removed/returned so couldn't get one - Glad in a way I missed it now!

jonno - 27/2/11 at 04:18 PM

Popped into my local b&q but the cheapest they had was £30. So gave it a miss... gutted

Mr G - 27/2/11 at 04:55 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jonno
Popped into my local b&q but the cheapest they had was £30. So gave it a miss... gutted

Afternoon sir

Was it this same set at £30 or a different one? Colchester is showing as having stock using the online checker.

LINKY

jonno - 27/2/11 at 06:36 PM

Hey Mr G... that's the ones, on the shelf they were £30. I'll reserve one and have a chat with them tomorrow I think
Thanks for the link

jonno - 28/2/11 at 05:28 PM

Picked it up today, they were also priced up at £14.98 in store. The boys at work picked up one each as well
Cheers for the heads up.

Macbeast - 28/2/11 at 05:46 PM

Not sure I'd trust those axle stands - too many points of possible failure

PSpirine - 28/2/11 at 06:26 PM

Used similar jacks for years and never had any problems (and I did test them by using them to prop up the front of a 2500kg S class). Plus I always stick one of the wheels I took off under the sill as a failsafe.

Thanks for the heads up, bought a set today! Was just about to spend £30 elsewhere!

loggyboy - 28/2/11 at 07:20 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
Not sure I'd trust those axle stands - too many points of possible failure

At that price i'd be happy to chuck the stands in the corner and never use them!

loggyboy - 1/3/11 at 09:37 PM

Picked one up today

coozer - 1/3/11 at 09:42 PM

I looked at them last night in my local B&Q. £50!

Actually looked at a few things and thought, cheaper at toolstation, cheaper at toolstation, cheaper at toolstation, cheaper at toolstation,

Came away with nowt!

Rod Ends - 1/3/11 at 10:02 PM

Still £14.98 on the website

loggyboy - 1/3/11 at 10:35 PM

quote:
Originally posted by coozer
I looked at them last night in my local B&Q. £50!

Actually looked at a few things and thought, cheaper at toolstation, cheaper at toolstation, cheaper at toolstation, cheaper at toolstation,

Came away with nowt!

My dad was told that some are still priced on the shelves at full price, but come up cheaper when scanned.

RoadkillUK - 1/3/11 at 10:50 PM

Chocks are fine, do the job (hard not to really), the jack is strong enough and I've just changed the rear wheel bearing (live axle) and the axle stands did a good job at holding the car up for a couple of days.

All in all, can't complain ... bargain.