Builder

Posts 190
Registered 20/9/07
Location doncaster

Photo Archive Go!
Building: indy blade built indy spec r ,another indy r busa

posted on 27/9/09 at 06:52 PM Reply With Quote
MK race team

wishing a speedy recovery to Chris the stig Marais from his herendous flat out muiltiple roll and a big well done to MK sportscars for the strength of chassis and cage
DRC INDY 7

posted on 27/9/09 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
Yes i will second that it was not nice to see the stig flying through the air upside down and the marshalls the dozy twats seemed to be asleep on the job

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

austin man

posted on 27/9/09 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
Second that, it was an incredible impact being sent airborne with multiple rolls, chasis stood up to the test it must have been a 6th gear100mph plus impact.

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

austin man

posted on 27/9/09 at 06:59 PM Reply With Quote
I recall me calling the Marshalls something harsher than dozy twats

Life is like a bowl of fruit, funny how all the weird looking ones are left alone

DRC INDY 7

posted on 27/9/09 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
yea i know but i toned it down a touch

https://www.facebook.com/groups/462610273778799/

Puddle Dodgers Club

mad gaz
Builder

Posts 190
Registered 20/9/07
Location doncaster

Photo Archive Go!
Building: indy blade built indy spec r ,another indy r busa

posted on 27/9/09 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
i think the marshalls were as shocked as everyone i could not see chris walking away ive never heard a race go so quiet for so long it made me feel really sick
austin man

posted on 27/9/09 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
the marshall near us wher laughing and joking not even looking at the racing. I thought the outcome was gonna be a bad one. Just amazed the chasis retained its shape and integrity again down obviously to the quality and design

[Edited on 27/9/09 by austin man]

PAUL FISHER

posted on 27/9/09 at 07:32 PM Reply With Quote
That does not sound good,but wishing Chris a quick recovery.
Mark G

posted on 27/9/09 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Doesn't sound good at all, As above hoping a speedy recovery but what were the injuries? Nothing serious I hope?
Breaker

posted on 27/9/09 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
This car ?

I wish the driver a quick recovery !

John22000

posted on 27/9/09 at 10:25 PM Reply With Quote
Hi All,

I'm a regular marshall at Oulton and Anglesey. This weekend I was at Anglesey so can't comment on how well (or not) the incident was handled. What I can say is that we are all there to enjoy ourselves so yes sometimes we have a laugh and joke on post and also we are instructed at every meeting to not rush out on to a live track but to allow the accident to happen and then react, remember we haved no idea where the other cars are going to go and don't want to add to any problem. We also should take an extiguisher to every incident and believe me these are damn heavy to run with.

A few marshalls made the trip from Oulton to Anglesey on Saturday night so this was the first I heard about it.

Speaking to one of the clerks this morning the latest news we had on Chris's injuries was a badly broken arm (3 places), fractured rib and a punctured lung. but by all accounts Chris was in relatively good spirits considering. Please don't take this update as gospel, this is just the news I have heard, and I hope there is nothing more serious we have not heard about.

I've met Chris a few times and found him to be one of the good guys. I understand he used to regularly help out at the marshalls training days at Oulton but this was before I started.

So from myself and many of the other Marshalls who have met him over the years all we can do is wish him all the best for a speedy recovery and we are all looking forward to seeing him out again as soon as possible.

John

CMR

posted on 28/9/09 at 09:16 AM Reply With Quote
update

Hi guys

just thought i would give you an update to chris's condition as of yesterday he has broken his left arm in two places quite bad and has had to have it pinned , he has got a punctured lung and 2 i think cracked ribs but is well thank god.

i didn't see the accident has being in the pits but when in the course of the guys writing the report up i flicked the Ignition on the gear Indicator read 5th gear , looking at the chassis it has stood up well to it all just goes to show what a strong roll cage and chassis theses car have .

thanks everyone i will pass on all your get well messages

Cheers Neil

CMR

posted on 3/10/09 at 02:17 PM Reply With Quote
OULTON PARK CRASH

hi guys

Thanks for the messages of support , it sure was a big hit !.
The marshals in this country and especially at oulton park are second to none they work all hours as volunteers in all weathers for us to enjoy our sport.

The marshal that you saw go to the car and then go away was indicating the rest of the team that i was in a bad way and what was needed in the way of medical assistance. If he had tried to be hands on at that point i could be dead !!!!!.
The trackside assistance and medical care at the scene saved my life as i was unconcious and my life was in great danger.

The car stood up remakabley well and speaks volumes for the RR race chassis and Baz, Phil, Danny and the boys at MK.

The best £12000 you can spend come and race with us and see how the marshals are.

Out of hospital feeling second hand but will be fighting fit for next year.

Chirs (The Stig)

Steve Hignett

posted on 3/10/09 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
Very good to read that last line Chris...

ATB
Steve

mackei23b

posted on 3/10/09 at 03:58 PM Reply With Quote
All the best and a speedy recovery.

Cheers

Ian

PAUL FISHER

posted on 5/10/09 at 11:33 AM Reply With Quote
Good to hear your out of hospital and on the mend Chris,its been a eventfull year,with some great racing,Ive enjoyed watching the few rounds we have been too,and hope to get to a few more next year.
Danny deserves a big well done,he did very well in his first year of racing,finishing 2nd in class,great result ,so hopefully next year without the new car teething problems,and if you crash a little less often Chris it should be a MK 1st and 2nd. Rescued attachment danny k 2.jpg
Rescued attachment danny k 2.jpg

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.