Builder

Posts 190
Registered 20/9/07
Location doncaster

Photo Archive Go!
Building: indy blade built indy spec r ,another indy r busa

posted on 4/3/10 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Road Runner Racing

has anyone else seen RRRs new website about its new 7 ,looks good www.roadrunnerracing.net
ashg

posted on 4/3/10 at 07:01 PM Reply With Quote
thats quite a pretty little car. back arches look a bit westfieldey.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

Mave

posted on 4/3/10 at 07:06 PM Reply With Quote
It's a shame it's so clear where they got the inspiration from:

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ashg

posted on 4/3/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
i have got a funny feeling that they are going to get spanked for that tbh.

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

mad gaz
Builder

Posts 190
Registered 20/9/07
Location doncaster

Photo Archive Go!
Building: indy blade built indy spec r ,another indy r busa

posted on 4/3/10 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
yeh colin chapman got a lot to answer for
PAUL FISHER

posted on 4/3/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Here's a link.

http://www.roadrunnerracing.net/

INDY BIRD

posted on 4/3/10 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
Car looks good
Steve Hignett

posted on 4/3/10 at 11:02 PM Reply With Quote
I know it's disgraceful that they dare have a car that resembles another car out there.....

I, for one, think it's a good looking car in it's own right and have always had nothing but great service and advice from Kev and the team at RRR.........

hicost blade

posted on 4/3/10 at 11:26 PM Reply With Quote
Knock off Nigel.................Wanna buy DVD?

I bet by the time you built it you could have built a real Westfield with at least some residual value

I prefer the look of the yellow one anyway (in red obviously)

scootz

posted on 5/3/10 at 10:05 AM Reply With Quote
What happened to the Sprint R???

It's Evolution Baby!

Hector.Brocklebank

posted on 5/3/10 at 11:34 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Now renamed the "SR-1" and is shown on their home page

remember those things called eyes..............

chris mason

posted on 6/3/10 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
After seeing this link the other day, i thought i'd pop down to Road Runner Today and pass on my thoughts.

Must say they've come on along way since i last had dealings with them (back in 2006/7 with the sprint R)

There's quite a few nice touches on both the chassis and bodywork, particulary like the rear panel/diffuser set up, certainly takes away the blandness of some other cars.

It's also pretty hard to see a 90 degree edge on the bodywork anywhere, it's all nicely sculpted and blends/curves from one panel to the next, extremely good panel gaps and i'd also say a pretty good finish on the fibreglass too.

While i can see the similarities between many 7alike cars (including the westy) when close up you can see it only appears to inspired by other 7's rather than a copy of any of them.
I personally prefer the look of the Sr2 front end to the westy, the bonnet cut outs are rounded and also have more shape to them.

One thing i also liked was the attention to detail around the boot lid and top harness mounts, if you look at the pictures you'll see the top rail is actually covered by a shaped piece of fibreglass, that's one area of the 7's i've always thought looked unfinished.
There was no boot box in place, so the centre boot panel just lifted to show the diff and fuel tank, it wasn't hinged at the time, but i'm led to believe that it will soon be, i forgot to ask if a boot box would also be fitted!

Turns out the demo car they had there was powered by a 1.8i engine, but due to the weather i didn't push them for a test drive, but according to the figures quoted by Mazda i'm sure the engine performance will be similar to stock zetec set up.

They did tell me that the 1.6i engine could be the one to go for if you want big power as it turns out to be the better option for adding a turbo too. I think standard they said there was about a 10-15bhp difference between the 1.6 and 1.8

Brakes wise it's just using the standard mx5 stuff, but i'm sure wilwood or someone will do a set of 4 pots.

Not sure if 13's will fit or not, the demo car had 1.8 running gear which has a slight larger disc front and rear, iirc the early 1.6's had smaller disc's so maybe they'll fit under 13's

After writing all that i almost forgot to mention the chassis, it's all round tube and laser profiled, apparently all the chassis tubes are cut on a cnc laser to the cad drawings, it was good to see a part built chassis on the jig, not a gap anywhere in the chassis, every tube met the next one perfect, and while i'm no chassis builder, i'm sure it can only help to ensure that the chassis are true, even the jig was built from laser cut plates etc.

Not much more i can say, other than it looks more mpressive in the flesh than the pictures, and while those that know me will have heard me say many times i wouldn't have another 7, I think this could be the one to tempt me back in to the kit car scene.

Anyone who's interested should really get themselves along to Road Runner and see for themselves, This one is certainly one to watch.

Chris

scootz

posted on 7/3/10 at 07:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hector.Brocklebank
quote:
Originally posted by scootz

Now renamed the "SR-1" and is shown on their home page

remember those things called eyes..............

DOH!

It's Evolution Baby!

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.