Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MX 5 donor available
Not Anumber

posted on 4/2/12 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
MX 5 donor available

I bought an MX5 donor before Christmas as I was intending to build a Haynes roadster from scratch but have since bought a damaged/ repairable MK Indy as a project- making my MX5 donor now surplus.

It's a 1992 Mark 1 1600 (115bhp, not the later detuned 90bhp) that has done between 150 and 160, 000 miles. It starts and runs well and there are no faults that i have been able to detect; no slipping clutch, no or odd noises from the engine, gearbox or diff.

I let the seller take the doors, boot, bonnet, lights, ragtop and nose which was a good arrangement as it reduced the amount of stuff that i would later have to remove and it dropped the price from the original £ 395 he was asking down to £ 325. I'm looking for the same amount back.

The V5 is present and is currently on SORN. There are a wodge of receipts and old MOTs and there are some photos of it in it's present form and before the doors and panels were removed.

It is currently at my father's house in Leigh on Sea, about half an hour from the M25. It will come with a new MX5/ Miata workshop manual which i bought to help in it's later dismantling.

I did my homework and quite a bit of searching around to find a decent usable MX5 that hadn't been in an accident at a sensible price. This one seemed just right for me as a donor package as all the parts needed for a roadster were there and it drove well. The seller was a genuine chap who was very much into MX5s.

It starts,runs and can be driven onto a trailer.

If you need it taken apart further e.g. subframes unbolted from the body etc so that you can transport it in a van or box trailer rather than on a car trailer please let me know as im sure we can come to some arrangement.

My email address is silk_c@o2.co.uk and numbers are 01702,585925 mob 07703161602.

jonno

posted on 4/2/12 at 06:23 PM Reply With Quote
Any chance of photos ?, i might think about putting it back on road

having fun on a budget

ceebmoj

posted on 4/2/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
I have payed 60 for a bonnet and 50 for a front bumper so possibly not as good a saving as you first thought.
Not Anumber

posted on 4/2/12 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I just bought it for use as a donor car and am selling it for the same purpose.

I'm consious a number of people do flog the panels and unwanted bits from their donors seperately but my only experience of selling body panels on Ebay was so time consuming, took up so much space and netted so little money back I was happier to minimise the spare tin this time.

Not Anumber

posted on 10/2/12 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
Now sold to a gent in the North East - i'll be dropping it off when I pick up my Indy as he only lives a couple of miles from HandyAndy.

Useful journey as it looks like i'll be bringing back one of Andy's flat pack Haynes chassis for a guy who lives near me too.

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.