Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: MK Indy 954 Fireblade 2006 Very High Spec!!!!
shane159

posted on 21/1/16 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
MK Indy 954 Fireblade 2006 Very High Spec!!!!

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of selling my 2006 built MK Indy, I'm totally unsure if I'm doing the right thing or not as I tried to buy this car for 2 years off a friend before I finally got him to agree to sell and hand over the keys haha.

Anyway here's a quick rundown of the spec, I'm at work so don't have the 3 fully loaded A4 folders in front of me with every single receipt for everything the car has ever had, from buying the frame from MK to the very last nut and bolt:

Build Date: 21/09/2006
Engine: 2003 CBR 954 Fireblade
Mileage shows 20,000 on the original clocks that came as a package with the engine
Mot till 15/0816 (No advisories)
Insurance costs me aged 35 with a clean licence all my no claims on my daily car £105 per year with 2gether Insurance

Spec:

ITG Intake filter with carbon fiber surround
Power Commander 3 live mapped
Full flat shift system for clutch less up & down changes
Billet & Baffled sump
Oil Catch Tank
Upgraded fuel pump & fuel pressure system
Iridium spark plugs
EBC Clutch (fitted December)
EBC Upgraded clutch spings (fitted December)
Fully Polybushed
Full system bespoke stainless exhaust system
Full silicone hose kit (not fitted yet)
Gearbox fully rebuilt by Yorkshire Engines (December)
Bottom end bearings by Yorkshire Engines (December)
Gaz coilovers all round (December)
Full geometry fast road/track set up (December)
Fast steering rack 2.4 ratio from MK (December)
Ball joints top & bottom (December)
Full service (December)
All new gators all round (December)
Wilwood 4 pot front brakes
Momo quick release steering wheel
Gear indicator
Gear change lights
Sequential paddle shift behind the steering wheel
Upgraded gear linkage kit
Plumbed in fire extinguisher
Sabelt 3" 4 point harnesses (in date)
Honda immobiliser ignition key system with x2 Honda keys
Push button start
MK fiberglass seats x2
longacre rear view cage mirror
Mudflaps all round
MK full roll cage
Aeroscreen
IVA approved bonnet catches
Rear carbon fiber arch protectors
Honda badges on nose cone & wheel center caps
Aero fuel cap
Rain Light
15" Team Dynamics wheels
205/50/15 Toyo R888 tyres all round (rears are getting ready)
3M wrapped center column
3M Carbon wrapped rear fuel tank cover

As I'm at work and not at home with the car in front of me that's all I can think of for the time being but once I'm home I will add anything else I have missed.

The car is in what can only be described as immaculate condition, I had all the issues sorted with the car in December so it would be ready for this year and hassle free for any trackdays I decided to book. The engine really suits the car and the power delivery is absolutely awesome, every single person I've took in the car has got out shaking but with a big smile on there faces It would take one hell of a boy racer car to keep up with this point to point.

Like I said previously the car has receipts for everything filling 3 A4 folders, I'm sure if you decided to total the lot up it would add up to more than £25k

The car can be viewed indoors at Chesterfield, I would be very reluctant to take it out of the garage unless the roads are completely dry as I never take it out in the rain or on damp roads.

Price wise I think the car this time of year is worth £8500 I'm not really open to offers as I really don't know if I want to sell or not, I just have the wife pressuring me to book a long haul holiday so I'm thinking of buying a cheaper toy and putting to the holiday.

Call Shane on 07799881643 or email: shane159@aol.com

Here are some pics, most are from when I first bought the car so a few things have changed, I will also add pics from the previous owners I've traced (all give glowing reports of the car)

Old Pics:

If anyone is interested and wants specific pictures please don't hesitate to ask.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

CosKev3

posted on 21/1/16 at 01:55 PM Reply With Quote
Looks very nice

My advice would be find yourself a new wife!!!

shane159

posted on 21/1/16 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CosKev3
Looks very nice

My advice would be find yourself a new wife!!!

Trust me it wouldn't be the first time I've thought that haha.

rm0rgan

posted on 21/1/16 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
That's lovely - good luck with the sale.

Sigs are uncool.

shane159

posted on 21/1/16 at 09:08 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by rm0rgan
That's lovely - good luck with the sale.

Thank you.

perksy

posted on 21/1/16 at 09:26 PM Reply With Quote
The best colour for a 7 imho

That will sell with that spec

Good luck with the sale, I doubt it will hang around for long

nick205

posted on 22/1/16 at 12:41 PM Reply With Quote
Looks good to me!

Best of luck with the sale.

shane159

posted on 22/1/16 at 07:21 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks guys.
shane159

posted on 23/1/16 at 04:16 PM Reply With Quote
Fitted the silicone hoses today so whilst she was out I decided to take a few pics:

shane159

posted on 25/1/16 at 08:47 AM Reply With Quote
Monday morning BUMP.
Toady1

posted on 27/1/16 at 04:57 PM Reply With Quote
I'm the original builder of this Indy. I've a few pics in my album but I obviously didn't upload many. It was a great car when I had it. It looks even better these days!

It started off life as a 2ltr pinto engine cec. Once I'd finished the build and had it SVA'd and registered I drove it for a few months on the standard engine, then fitted some dcoe carbs to it and did some local trackdays. I had already decided to do the bec conversion and thought I'd do the latest fireblade engine available at the time. So I bought the 954cc kit from somewhere up north for about £1300 iirc. Whilst that was sat in my garage, I managed to blow up the pinto on a trackday when shifting down the box! So the BEC conversion had to start early. It was the best thing I ever did to the car, and turned it from a fun kit car to a mental one! The onl reason I sold it was that I could see me killing myself in it! So I sold it and my daily driver at the time, and bought a really sensible 500bhp R33 GTR!

shane159

posted on 28/1/16 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toady1
I'm the original builder of this Indy. I've a few pics in my album but I obviously didn't upload many. It was a great car when I had it. It looks even better these days!

It started off life as a 2ltr pinto engine cec. Once I'd finished the build and had it SVA'd and registered I drove it for a few months on the standard engine, then fitted some dcoe carbs to it and did some local trackdays. I had already decided to do the bec conversion and thought I'd do the latest fireblade engine available at the time. So I bought the 954cc kit from somewhere up north for about £1300 iirc. Whilst that was sat in my garage, I managed to blow up the pinto on a trackday when shifting down the box! So the BEC conversion had to start early. It was the best thing I ever did to the car, and turned it from a fun kit car to a mental one! The onl reason I sold it was that I could see me killing myself in it! So I sold it and my daily driver at the time, and bought a really sensible 500bhp R33 GTR!

Hi Liam,

Thanks for the info, you certainly did a good job of building it and like you say it's a very quick fun car, in the wrong hands would be lethal!!

Loving the build pics on your album, it's nice to find even more background info out about the car regardless of me selling it or not.

shane159

posted on 29/1/16 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
SOLD!!!

Sold for the full asking price to the first person that viewed it, I've got to say I've never owned any car that has generated as much interest when selling as this, needless to say the buyer has bought a cracking MK.

Toady1

posted on 30/1/16 at 10:39 AM Reply With Quote
Cool! Knew it wouldn't last long! Is the new owner on here?

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.