Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: widetrack wishbones westfield
alfas

posted on 21/12/17 at 07:51 PM Reply With Quote
widetrack wishbones westfield

hi,

i came across a set of wishbones which look like the rally-design ones.
the red measurement is ~150mm.. a friend of mine, with a narrow westfield se, took the measurements of his standard wishbones : ~150mm

now i´m surprised....did rallydesign ever sell standard-wishbones (none widetrack)? or did i overview something?

procomp

posted on 21/12/17 at 11:16 PM Reply With Quote
If std track the distance from ball joint ctr to damper mounting bolt ctr will be 3 3/4" if wide track it will be plus 100mm.

Edit. Not plus 100mm its plus 50mm on each wishbone.

[Edited on 22/12/17 by procomp]

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Minicooper

posted on 22/12/17 at 09:39 AM Reply With Quote
~150mm that isn't right, rally design do a locost set which are the same design which are ~350mm which make the wide westfield version ~400mm

David

alfas

posted on 22/12/17 at 07:09 PM Reply With Quote
meanwhile i found out that the wishobone set i came across was wrongly advertized...as it was the Locost set...means not a wide track.

interestingwise the measurements in terms of the chassis side fixing ponts look identical to westfield wishbones.

did you know that?

procomp

posted on 22/12/17 at 09:48 PM Reply With Quote
Only some. The original book is a direct copy of a Westfield wide SE chassis with subtle differences here and there.
MK, Luego, ST / Aries, others, all had different dimensions on wishbones and geometry / chassis mountings due to the wrong measurements with the original book that they all overcame by different means. However this doesn't stop people assuming they are all the same and trying to mix and match them creating all sorts of problems.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
alfas

posted on 23/12/17 at 12:24 PM Reply With Quote
what i wanted to say is: i was surprised that the wishbones from RD, advertized for Locost, do have the same dimensions chassiwise, as the standard westfield se ones, as i thought westfield had its own measurements.

by the way: the measruements i compared, where taken from a narrow se

[Edited on 23/12/17 by alfas]

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.