Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: FS: 1.8 CVH Engine Package
mikeb

posted on 17/10/18 at 09:22 AM Reply With Quote
FS: 1.8 CVH Engine Package

I'm due (hopefully over next week) to remove my engine from my roadster as now I'm IVA'd I'm going for the winter upgrade.
I need to free up some funds from this to help get the extra bits I need to get the zetec installed.

1.8 CVH - it had new valve stem oil seals and timing belt, its still nice and clean, unknown mileage, this passed my IVA in may and has only done 500 miles since. £150, from recollection is a 92 yr, I have the date letter from ford for the IVA test.

Zx6r carbs - this was my spare set, they are clean, drained of fuel and I blew jets out before storing them, probably need a rebuild kit, but might be fine as is. £100

Zx6r manifold for the CVH - this is home made from a cnc engine plate and blanks off the water outlet at the back of the engine. It will get you up and running. £60 (you will need new jubilees a hoses as I'm reusing the mounting parts)

Coil pack and HT leads and 400 mile old spark plugs. £20

It has a brand new sierra alternator and the mounting brackets. £40
It had a new waterpump.

The sump has been lowered.

It also has the quite rare thermostat housing on the back, so all thing for the coolant system are sorted. £30

Flywheel and clutch included. I've got a head gasket kit and head bolts.

This is a great package to get you up and running for minimal cost then do what I'm doing as its easy for a zetec swap post IVA.
I'd like it to go as one pack as everything is heavy so collection only - prices next to the items are rough ebay prices for each bit £400. If someone wants the whole pack you can have it for £280- you're basically getting the engine for free!

Collection nr Wellingborough Northants - I have a engine lift to get it out the garage - I'm off most of next week mon-fri if you wanted to collect it.

IMG_0598[ /url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/62740914@N04/]mjb22001, on Flickr

[Edited on 17/10/18 by mikeb]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

scimjim

posted on 17/10/18 at 07:40 PM Reply With Quote
What does it drive like - internet lore suggests it has more torque than the 1600? Has it been dyno’d? (Power to weight championship, so real power’s quite important to me)
mikeb

posted on 17/10/18 at 10:11 PM Reply With Quote
This is really a pass IVA setup on the cheap, I think if you are after power then you may need to go 16v. It has low down torque though.
scimjim

posted on 17/10/18 at 10:18 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers. I’m not after massive power increase and zetec isn’t an original fitment, so changes the class.
mikeb

posted on 18/10/18 at 12:03 PM Reply With Quote
Being honest I'm not sure what increase you would get over a 1600. I didn't have it dyno'd as it was for IVA so all I wanted it to do was get through the IVA and give me a couple of months driving until winter upgrades.

Thanks

Mike

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.