Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Donor v5c question
wonderfulweasel

posted on 17/2/19 at 09:04 PM Reply With Quote
Donor v5c question

Hi all,

I recently bought a part built kit. It came with paperwork for the donor, and enough of the donor parts have been used that I could go for an age related plate. I've come to transfer the donor into my name and found that the v5c is for the owner previous to the one I bought it from (the original builder of the kit). Should have checked when I bought!

Do I need to transfer it into my name to use as a donor? If I fill in the 'new keeper' part of the v5 am I likely to encounter any problems?

I haven't yet decided whether I'd rather go for an age related or a Q plate, but it would be nice to have both options.

Thanks in advance for any input.

02GF74

posted on 17/2/19 at 10:19 PM Reply With Quote
I have age related plate after passing SVA so the rules may be different. There is a points based system, each major component being assigned a different number of points that once totalled exceeds minimum count, qualified for age related plate. I had donor v5 but it wasn't registered in my name, well I certainly don't recall reregistering it, and if it was scrapped, I'd be surprised if it even possible, plus not sure how relevant it was. Axle and gearbox aren't numbered and certainly don't appear on the v5.

The testers have a reasonable idea of what parts would have been fitted but have no way of knowing if the parts did come frome the donor.

Basically I don't believe the v5 needs to be in your name.

Mr Whippy

posted on 18/2/19 at 12:15 PM Reply With Quote
as above it isn't really possible for the tester to prove either way if parts such as suspension even came from the original donor so don't feel you have to be too honest. I doubt after seeing data from the DVLA that they actually have records of engine numbers or gearboxes, they probably haven't even spelled the model name right . When I've had the police round to "check" car identity's before with kit cars they were utterly clueless and uninterested.

They are more interested in catching ringing operations than some guy in his garage building a kit car from an old banger he saved from the scrapyard...

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.