Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Ford Transit Connect immobiliser problems.
macc man

posted on 21/3/21 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
Ford Transit Connect immobiliser problems.

Could anyone here help, as my Transit Connect has an immobiliser issue. I am unable to get it to start as the red dash light is flashing. I have counted the flashes after 1 minute and it gives the code 16. This points to a Flash Code 16 (CAN link error between PCM and Instrument Cluster). I cannot see any thing obvious having checked and cleaned the body earth swapped the relay in the fuse box. Had a breakdown man out who said it was an immobiliser issue and promptly left without looking for the fault. I don't really want to hand it over to a ford main dealer as the repair may be more than the van is worth.
Is there anything else that I could try before admitting defeat. Thanks in advance Henry.

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

perksy

posted on 21/3/21 at 04:59 PM Reply With Quote
Anybody near you have a copy of FORscan ?

Might help ?

macc man

posted on 21/3/21 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
Hi not heard of forscan, would an auto electrician have this.
steve m

posted on 21/3/21 at 05:43 PM Reply With Quote
Forscan only reads the fault code, ive got it on my lasptop, with an ebay usb - obd lead

I dont know what year your transit is, but on my old 2008 TDCI Mondeo, leaving the battery unplugged for a day, cured my immobiliser problem

The only other issue i had, was when the keyfob battery died, and i couldnt get in the car, as it was locked!

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

macc man

posted on 21/3/21 at 06:06 PM Reply With Quote
It is a 2007 model so quite old now. The last time I had a problem it was a bad earth connection to the battery. Cleaned all likely suspects but no joy. I will leave the battery off tonight.
obfripper

posted on 21/3/21 at 07:31 PM Reply With Quote
I've had this on several focus and kuga's, the instrument cluster connector pins get dry joints and lose continuity - a quick test is give the dash above the clocks a couple sharp bumps and try starting - if it starts after a few goes, you then know where the fault is.
The throttle pedal is also connected to the clocks, not the engine ecu and sometimes gives problems before the loss of can communications.

To fix, remove the clocks, remove the screen, remove the dial needles(they should move anticlockwise to a stop mark this position before removal), remove centre digital display(if fitted), remove rear cover and finally remove the pcb. Pop a little electronic flux onto the pins where they are soldered to the pcb and re-solder each pin in turn. Reassemble and refit, vehicle should now start (some later cars need fault codes cleared first as they log an anti-tampering fault code that locks out the immobiliser).
You should be able to see the dry joints with a magnifying glass if you want to check before resoldering, but i would still reflow all the joints to be sure.

Dave

macc man

posted on 22/3/21 at 09:51 PM Reply With Quote
Thanks dave for the info, I will try the connector pins as you suggest.
1960dave

posted on 22/3/21 at 10:07 PM Reply With Quote
Messaged you with a guy in Sandbach number

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.