Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Another garage clearout. EVERYTHING must go....
owelly

posted on 17/1/08 at 02:54 PM Reply With Quote
Another garage clearout. EVERYTHING must go....

As my garage is soon to become a house, I need to empty it of everything.
I have rehomed my tools and stash of worthless spares into a nearby container and moved the cars to a nearby barn.
The following must go:

One big pile of dust/sawdust including several curly bits of rust (possibly MiG wire), some odd strands of chopped strand matting (I'm keeping the even strands), some random shapes of cured fibreglass, some bits of cardboard that I kept safe until they landed on the floor and got wet, some rusty nuts and bolts, a few wood screws (various sizes) and some worn-out cutting and grinding discs.

Several large pieces of MDF and hardboard. All in good condition apart from the water damage. If you try to move them, they'll turn to porridge.

A stack of randomly sized tyres of varying condition. All too good to throw away but not worth fitting to a car to use them. No matched pairs.

About 4km of used cobwebs. Some still have the spiders attached and some have other things attached.

Approx 20 tins of paint. The paint is useless but the tins look OK and they are still heavy. There are a few emulsion, some vintage masonary and even some leadbased primer. All rock hard.

A massive pile of unrecognisable motorbike spares. All from my own personal collection and none of which I recognise. None from anything better/bigger than a Honda CD185.

7 hard hats. All out of date (one dated 1983 when I was 12!)

4 left rigger type gloves complete with holes in the fingers and all are rock hard and contain spiders.

approx 6 glass Nescafe jars. Currently used as a timebomb waiting to smash and cut my hands to shreds.

A half built go-kart.

A sort of leather-bound sewing box containing some bits of wool and some rusty old pins.

A bald tennis ball.

Two black bin bags containing old leaves.

Several boxes of car parts. All the original boxes with the knackered old parts in them when the original contents were fitted to the vehicle.

approx 30" of green twisty gardening wire.

approx 14' of garden hose. All crushed flat and as solid as it can be without becoming brittle.

That's all for now and thanks for looking.
No reasonable offer will be refused.

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
speedyxjs

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:01 PM Reply With Quote
how much for the tennis ball?

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

r1_pete

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:06 PM Reply With Quote
Which half of the go kart is it? if its the second half let me know....

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
tegwin

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
Il give you -£120 for the lot
Coose

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:13 PM Reply With Quote
I'll have the wood screws. At least they won't rust. Are they varnished to stop them rotting?

[Edited on 17/1/08 by Coose]

Spin 'er off Well...

owelly

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
You can have the tennis ball for 30p plus p&p. It has some water in it and I have no idea how it got in as it won't come out.

The go-kart was working and used as a half finished go-kart until it chewed my mates shoe off when he got a bit close to the flywheel. I think the hooky bit where you wrap the string around to start it, still has a bit of his sock attached.

owelly

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
The woodscrews are all pressure treated. Tantalised it's called.

nick205

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:16 PM Reply With Quote
I suggest you take some rubbish digital pictures of your assorted stuff and offer it up for sale on the ole' Bay-of-E. From what I can make out pretty much anything will be bought by some muppett purely because it's for sale

If there's no takers for the Green gardening wire I might be interested. I have a similar amount in storage myself awaiting a purpose. Doubling my capacity in this area could prove worhtwhile - at some point

owelly

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:20 PM Reply With Quote
Ooooo, stockpiling the green gardening wire in an attempt to control the worlds supply and distribution of the stuff. I like it. I'll put it and a Jiffy bag and hang it on my front door handle for you to collect.

I'm off out there now to make a more detailed inventory........

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:21 PM Reply With Quote
Would you consider selling the black bags separate from the leaves? Its just the bags i am looking for.
Thanks
Ronnie

Gergely

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:33 PM Reply With Quote
What size are the hats?
How hard are they?

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by TGR-ECOSSE
Would you consider selling the black bags separate from the leaves? Its just the bags i am looking for.
Thanks
Ronnie

Ronnie, if the leaves are of a 'certain type' we could come to an arrangement if you only want the bags.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

Coose

posted on 17/1/08 at 03:52 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Thanks
Ronnie

I'll go halves with you if you like? I gave my last lot of leaves to the binman on Wednesday so I'm running a bit short on them at the moment. I don't quite have enough of them to fully block my drains yet...

Spin 'er off Well...

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 17/1/08 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Confused but excited.
quote:
Thanks
Ronnie

Ronnie, if the leaves are of a 'certain type' we could come to an arrangement if you only want the bags.

If the leaves turn out to be the right kind i am happy to come to an arrrangement. If they are the wrong ones for you then Coose you have a deal. Either way i get the bags
Forgot to ask. How much would the postage be?

[Edited on 17/1/08 by TGR-ECOSSE]

Coose

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
If they turn out to be the wrong kind of leaves for CBE, I can collect them. I can then jam the leaves down my drain, fill the bags with helium and then wait for a southerly wind and let them go?

If any of the bags have holes in them I can use some of the spare leaves and stick them on as patches with a mixture of drain gunge and dog spit?

Spin 'er off Well...

owelly

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:21 PM Reply With Quote
The leaves are of the slimey variety. There's a very good chance that there are some dog eggs mixed in with the leaves and for that reason, I will not seperate the bags from the leaves.

owelly

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:23 PM Reply With Quote
The hard hats are hard enough to hurt your head if you try to head them like a football. They would probably be the right size to fit a football.

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
The leaves are of the slimey variety. There's a very good chance that there are some dog eggs mixed in with the leaves and for that reason, I will not seperate the bags from the leaves.

AAHH B*******

Will just pick some up in Tesco later

Confused but excited.

posted on 17/1/08 at 05:56 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly

Pity, I don't mind the dog eggs (it isn't called sh*t for nothing), but have no use for the bags.
Cheers anyway.

Tell them about the bent treacle edges!

JacksAvon

posted on 17/1/08 at 08:22 PM Reply With Quote
Cobwebs

1st dibs on the cobwebs, the wife has dusted this year and I really miss our spider houses.

PS
Do they come with spiders or is this extra?

TGR-ECOSSE

posted on 17/1/08 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
Just back from Tesco and forgot the bags

This thread just goes to show how crap real life is

Alex B

posted on 17/1/08 at 08:40 PM Reply With Quote
Why does all the good stuff come up after Chistmas when people are skint?

Wouldn`t be surprised if on turning up none of that gear was there. The guy could be using that stuff as bait to get rid of leather factory Recaros or Minted downdraught Webers............It`s an old trick that one

Alex

Much work still remains to be done before I can announce my total failure to make any progress

owelly

posted on 18/1/08 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
How very dare you???? All my items are genuine and can be viewed at any time.

The cobwebs do have some spiders pre-installed. Mostly dead spiders but there are some other (dead) makes of creatures also fitted. Daddy long-legs, flies, butterflies (in component form), etc, etc, (I will not sell the etc's seperately)

Coose

posted on 18/1/08 at 02:32 PM Reply With Quote
Awww crap. I've just run out of etc.s too....

Spin 'er off Well...

ChrisW

posted on 18/1/08 at 03:07 PM Reply With Quote
Quite possibly the most amusing thread I've ever read on here.

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.