Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Classic mint mini!
Toady1

posted on 25/3/08 at 07:12 PM Reply With Quote
Classic mint mini!

Selling the girlfriends lovely white mini mayfair which I have over the last year and a bit spent thousands of pounds on! Only reason for sale is I am getting her a bigger safer car. This has been her everyday car since we got it, and only let her down once! that was when the auto box went, which has now been replaced with a complete 1.3i cooper manual engine and box in excellent running order. It was bought with full service history off an 88 year old lady in Feb 07, who had had it from brand spanking new! She gave up driving hence sold it to us. It has almost NO rust on it, and that is saying something! Ill get some pics up asap.

All the upgrades have been done over the last year, and were bought brand new, mostly from shows and mainly from mini spares centre. (except from the engine).

I converted it to a manual as I hate autos let alone auto minis!
It is now running a 1.3spi cooper engine and gearbox, that luckily had done the same amount of miles as the auto engine! bar a few hundred (more) now at 51k miles iirc. I could have done a vx 16v conversion for a few hundred quid more than this lot cost me by the time it all added up!!!

Its a 1996 1.3i N reg car with 47k miles.

Only failed it MOT this year because the rear indicators were not orange enough with the clear rear lenses, oh and emmisions! which was my fault for removing the carbon canister in the nsf wing! (now replaced!)! Everything else was spot on and NO advisories!

6x12 anthracite minilights with yokohama tyres.

Poly bushes at the front end, have them to go on the rear too but not fitted yet.

Gaz adj shocks all round.

Genuinne Hi-Los.

Rover 800 half leather recaros on custom made seat runners.

Brand new Newton Commercial black full carpet set.

Fletcher stainless steel cat bak exhaust.

Maniflow Lambda equiped LCB.

Angel eye headlights.

Clear indicator lenses all round.

Grp5 arches sprayed rover white with beading.

Full chrome pack from mini spares including Mk1 grille and moustach, heavy duty window wipers, blanking plugs and twin washer jets.

Has a new kenwood stereo and pioneer 5" speakers.

Black Alcantara trimmed door and rear 1/4 trims

There is probably so much more to add which right now ive forgotten, and will update as and when i remember...

I havnt any pics yet of how it looks now, but here is one of how it looked when we bought it so you can get an idea of how good its condition is.

The old dear had it serviced loads, and spent on it whatever was needed. It was regularly serviced by her local old school garage, and they lavishly greased up every nipple on it! It really is in such great condition, with very very little rust on it, mainly on the rear valence. The door skins were professionally replaced, so theyre mint. The front end is excellent with only a very tiny spec showing under the white paint. The only other bit of rust on it is very slight again on one of the A panels. Its a seriously solid and tastefully modified car, and left mechanically standard to preserve its reliablity.

price £3999ovno

[Edited on 25/3/08 by Toady1]

Is this a TRADE ADVERTISEMENT?? Click HERE to report it!

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/3/08 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
oh very nice

that is a very disturbing gear nob I will comment no further...

[Edited on 25/3/08 by Mr Whippy]

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
ruskino80

posted on 25/3/08 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
looks a pearler,ces't combien? (how much)
speedyxjs

posted on 25/3/08 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Oooh, nice car

How long can i resist the temptation to drop a V8 in?

Toady1

posted on 25/3/08 at 08:21 PM Reply With Quote
ha ha! it is a dodgey looking knob isnt it! lol!

forgot to put price in! oops! edited to add it!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.