Board logo

lathe reqd, local to westcountry
hector - 16/4/05 at 05:57 PM

Hi all am after a lathe if anyone has one for sale, somewhere in Devon/cornwall/somerset area would be nice, but would travel further if i had to!!
cheers colin

billy - 17/4/05 at 07:48 PM

Hi Hector, i may know someone who has a few nice lathes for sale, except its x-college stuff so not the small sort. when i asked he said about £800- £1000, they weigh a tonne tho let me know if this is what you are looking for. cheers........oh sell me that 350lc you got

timf - 18/4/05 at 01:14 PM

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=92083&item=7507444746&rd=1

nctm

hector - 18/4/05 at 05:47 PM

Thanks Tim, that lathe is not really suitable as bits missin off it and i need to do screwcutting as well, but cheers for the link.

hector - 18/4/05 at 05:49 PM

Hi Billy, am just in the process of fitting a nice set of allspeeds to Elsie-should sound jubbly with them on!!
cheers colin

billy - 18/4/05 at 09:02 PM

Mine all had Microns on them, they reved better Great bikes...........you finished your patio then

hector - 18/4/05 at 09:09 PM

Yea, patio done!! (keeps the wife happy), so completed me loom on the kit this week.
Those lathes you said about; i take it they havent been converted to single phase??, i used to have a colchester student years ago which i regret selling, but i converted that to single phase, and if i could get one for the right money, then i wouldnt mind doin it again-can you find out for me?
cheers colin

Mr G - 18/4/05 at 09:25 PM

I hav'nt forgotten about that 2.8 mfi wiring diagram Colin

I know the diagrams were tucked in my haynes capri manual but i've obviously hid it somewhere! (just incase anyone thought I might of owned a capri )

I'll scan and email to you as soon as I can get my hands on it

bbq weather today on that patio!

Cheers

G

hector - 18/4/05 at 09:28 PM

it surely was but i was tucked away in the depths of the garage playin with me rivnuts!!!!!!

billy - 19/4/05 at 08:25 PM

Hector, i asked my pal about the lathe, its a Boxford aud, variable speed, needs a phase converter. £1000 i think he wants for it, if he still has it.

hector - 20/4/05 at 06:35 AM

Hi Billy
cheers for that but that is a bit out of my range of money! found a couple on ebay i am watchin @ moment

cheers col