Board logo

Newbie saying hi
Turbo Tez - 31/10/14 at 09:08 AM

Good morning all.

Just thought I'd drop a line to say hello.

I have just purchased an Aries that is around 85% ish complete. She is getting delivered tomorrow and I cannot wait.

I live in huddersfield so if anyone is up for a brew and a chat, especially on the topic of IVA's please give me a shout.

Cheers

Tez

IainL - 31/10/14 at 09:44 AM

Hi
There's few Aries builders/owners on here so any questions feel free to ask away.

What engine choice have you gone for?

Cheers
Iain

jossey - 31/10/14 at 09:56 AM

85% done lol.

Daddylonglegs - 31/10/14 at 10:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by jossey
85% done lol.

I thought that too

joneh - 31/10/14 at 10:08 AM

Welcome.

85% done normally means 150% work required when compared to a new kit.

It's part of the fun!

nick205 - 31/10/14 at 10:34 AM

Welcome aboard, you found the right forum

Don't be put off, just remember that that last 15% is where it all happens

JohnH - 31/10/14 at 10:45 AM

Good choice. Been building mine for years..........

Turbo Tez - 31/10/14 at 12:45 PM

Thanks for the warm welcome. I thought the 85% part would cause a few smiles. Il get some pictures up when she arrives.

Paul AS - 31/10/14 at 01:05 PM

Always good to have a new project!! I'm in Kirkburton, so you can't be far away??

Turbo Tez - 31/10/14 at 01:08 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Paul AS
Always good to have a new project!! I'm in Kirkburton, so you can't be far away??

I'm about 3 miles away in Waterloo.

ReMan - 31/10/14 at 03:19 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Turbo Tez
Thanks for the warm welcome. I thought the 85% part would cause a few smiles. Il get some pictures up when she arrives.

85%?
We'll expect a video of you driving it up and down your road!

bi22le - 31/10/14 at 05:30 PM

Are you going turbo, turbo tez?

Welcome to the best and most friendly nut house that has a sprinkling of cars over the top.

Turbo Tez - 31/10/14 at 05:41 PM

I'm not really sure where to go engine wise. It's got a 1.8 zetec on bike carbs and megajolt at the moment. It all seems well fitted and runs lovely so I think il leave this in place to get the iva out of the way. I like the idea of a supercharger for the linea power delivery.

SALAD - 31/10/14 at 06:09 PM

Brilliant name Tez. I have a friend called Terry that we used to call Tez when we were younger.....we now call him Dereck.

snapper - 31/10/14 at 07:50 PM

You'll get good advice here, the difficulty is learning to ask the right questions so just ask
IVA and the DVLA registration process require photos so start now photographing you with the car at different stages of the build
You'll thank me for this advice later

gremlin1234 - 31/10/14 at 08:03 PM

quote:
IVA and the DVLA registration process require photos so start now photographing you with the car at different stages of the build
You'll thank me for this advice later

indeed take lots of photos, - and keep a copy of any advert/ ebay listing too, and as many receipts as you can get.

85% complete, only another 85% to go.

Turbo Tez - 3/11/14 at 10:47 PM

Well she's here and so far so good. I've had a pretty good look round and not found any major nastys.
I've got most of the parts needed to finish and a very comprehensive build diary including hundreds of photos. I've spent the last couple of evenings reading and trying to make sense of the online IVA guide, I don't want carry on the build and find I've done something wrong😁
Anyway pics will follow in the next day or two and in the meantime if anyone has a full roll cage for sale please let me know.