Board logo

fireblade 893 rectifier and wiring
shaun megablade - 23/3/10 at 12:25 PM

i am just sorting out a wiring problem with my friends mk indy,it has melted wiring to the rectifier and the rectifier has been damaged.

does anyone have these laying around please?

Gav - 23/3/10 at 12:55 PM

IIRC a lot of people use the superdream rectifier as its cheaper and a bit more robust than the blade item.

Wiring here:
Description
Description

02GF74 - 23/3/10 at 12:58 PM

^^^ that is bog standard 3-phase rectifier/regulator.

ebay is chokka with them

I bought 2, kawasaki GPx550, a tenner each.

gingerprince - 23/3/10 at 01:15 PM

A lot of people use the Superdream as mentioned. I got one from a newer fireblade off e-bay for a few quid to replace mine. Did away with the block-connector and soldered it all in. Been fine ever since (touch wood).

shaun megablade - 23/3/10 at 01:33 PM

superdream is that a make or a type??

where can i get the right one from easily?

Spaz - 23/3/10 at 02:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shaun megablade
superdream is that a make or a type??

where can i get the right one from easily?

Honda Superdream CB XXX

iDENTITi - 23/3/10 at 02:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
A lot of people use the Superdream as mentioned. I got one from a newer fireblade off e-bay for a few quid to replace mine. Did away with the block-connector and soldered it all in. Been fine ever since (touch wood).

All our bikes have larger honda rectifiers I think.. Just chopped the blocks off and stuck some coloured bullets on! Then wrapped the lot in tape. Simple.

mad-butcher - 23/3/10 at 04:44 PM

Honda CB250N or CB400N Superdream Genuine ones NOT Pattern. staring to get rare now and people with them know what there worth

tony

shaun megablade - 23/3/10 at 06:11 PM

i have a rectifier coming tommorow,does it matter which yellow wire goes to where?

thanks

iDENTITi - 23/3/10 at 06:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by shaun megablade
i have a rectifier coming tommorow,does it matter which yellow wire goes to where?

thanks

No mate, it doesnt.

shaun megablade - 23/3/10 at 07:08 PM

thank u,hopefully have it all sorted for him tommorow then!

shaun megablade - 24/3/10 at 04:25 PM

on the wiring diagram the black +12v feed?is this a switched live coming into the rectifier?or is it a 12v output from the rectifier to the battery??

shaun megablade - 24/3/10 at 05:17 PM

im still having problems,im gona start up a new thread under technical to try and get to the bottom of it.if anyone can help please post up under my new thread.

thanks