Board logo

Wtd: Rv8 manual flywheel.
coozer - 15/2/17 at 07:21 PM

Looking for a flywheel to replace the torque converter on me rover v8.

Thinking of nailing the Toyota gearbox I have behind it..

Anyone got one going?

r1_pete - 15/2/17 at 07:26 PM

Ive got a flywheel and clutch that came on an engine.

The flywheel fits along with the flex plate and ring gear, I'll get some pics up, if you're interested I dont want owt for it, Im using the porsche flywheel....

coozer - 15/2/17 at 07:29 PM

Cheers Pete, some pics would be great as I'm a bit confused there re the flexibility plate.....

r1_pete - 16/2/17 at 09:54 AM

Here you go, there's also a conversion ring for something or other, I used it as a template for the engine drillings on my 944 adapter ring.

It all needs a fekkin good clean, and that clutch friction disc has never been run....

coozer - 16/2/17 at 04:08 PM

Looks OK, do you by any chance reside anywhere any of the services on the M1 and like going out at night?

Steve

r1_pete - 16/2/17 at 04:37 PM

15 minutes from woodall, or 5 mins from m1 j31

coozer - 16/2/17 at 05:16 PM

Can we meet at Woodall?

Normally pass southbound about 8.30pm ish or northbound around 2-3am.. lol...

Thing is don't know what route I'm on until I start at 1800 so if you u2u me your number I'll give you a ring when it suits ya.

Cheers,
Steve

r1_pete - 16/2/17 at 06:23 PM

Sent, as Im self unemployed now any day should suit....

mark chandler - 16/2/17 at 08:37 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Here you go, there's also a conversion ring for something or other, I used it as a template for the engine drillings on my 944 adapter ring.

It all needs a fekkin good clean, and that clutch friction disc has never been run....

I,ve seen plenty of RV8 flywheels, never seen one like that before!

Does not look like a landrover adaptor, also the bush for the first motion shaft looks very different, wonder what it was originally destined for?

r1_pete - 16/2/17 at 10:46 PM

I dont know what it was intended for, or its origins, but with the thickness of an adapter ring it does move the clutch back a little to compensate.

I have done the spigot mods they are for my Porsche 944 conversion, and nothing to do with this flywheel, I just hung it on my engine to illustrate it.

[Edited on 16/2/17 by r1_pete]