Board logo

12” Shocks
Benzo - 1/8/18 at 09:13 PM

Wanted 12” open length Coilovers

1.9 or 2.25” dia

PM if you have anything would suit!

adithorp - 1/8/18 at 09:36 PM

Got a pair of 8-12" 2 1/4" Gaz Gold somewhere. Came off my Fury when I decided to alter the length I was using. Think they're in OK condition but I'd have to find them.

Benzo - 2/8/18 at 09:37 PM

Still looking!

Benzo - 5/8/18 at 06:38 PM

Sorted now

neilb2980 - 6/6/19 at 11:39 AM

Hi all, sorry if I'm Jumping in, never been on a forum before so not sure how to create a new post or whether this is correct etiquette. I'm new to all this so forgive if this is a silly question. I've bought an unfinished project, locost rolling chassis with engine and box, and now I'm looking for coilovers for it. While looking for a cheaper alternative to spending £476 I've come across some universal motorcycle ones on Ebay that match up with the dimensions needed, they do have half an inch less travel and are rated to a maximum of 300kg per unit. They are £51 per pair. Is this to good to be true. Any feed back or advice would be very appreciated.

Slimy38 - 6/6/19 at 04:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by neilb2980
Hi all, sorry if I'm Jumping in, never been on a forum before so not sure how to create a new post or whether this is correct etiquette. I'm new to all this so forgive if this is a silly question. I've bought an unfinished project, locost rolling chassis with engine and box, and now I'm looking for coilovers for it. While looking for a cheaper alternative to spending £476 I've come across some universal motorcycle ones on Ebay that match up with the dimensions needed, they do have half an inch less travel and are rated to a maximum of 300kg per unit. They are £51 per pair. Is this to good to be true. Any feed back or advice would be very appreciated.

I really wouldn't go near them, I've seen people who have bought them for motorbikes and it makes them unrideable. I have no idea what they'll do on a car.

I got a set of four proper coilovers second hand for about £80. just keep an eye out on here and on Ebay, they're quite a common thing.

neilb2980 - 8/6/19 at 10:20 AM

Will do, thanks for your reply that's what I feared you would say.