Board logo

rover K (from 45) exhaust and cat's
drt - 28/3/19 at 02:42 PM

This will be a 2 part question about the rover k in relation to exhaust and MEMS

1) the first lambda probe (before pre-cat) is used for mixture control and the second only for checking the status of the main cat ?
If so, will the system work without the second probe or not ? Since I have packaging difficulty with the cat and thinking of not using it.

2) I would think that the pre-cat and the cat itself are substantial resistors to flow, draining most of the energy out of the gas? Because the pipe and backbox I got are 72mm diameter while most of the OEM exhaustsystem was 44,5mm. Otherwise the step change would cause a negative pressure wave to propagate back towards the head... and since I have no data on valve timing (overlap) I have no idea what the impact of this negative pressure would be.

Thanks

hughpinder - 28/3/19 at 03:56 PM

Here you go, the man for everything K series tuning related: http://www.dvapower.co.uk/

Don't know about the cat though

garybee - 29/3/19 at 03:55 PM

It's fine to run just the 1st lambda probe with the MEMS ECUs. This is exactly what I have on my Caterham (MEMS3).

I'm not even going to attempt to answer (2) as it will just end up in an internet argument.

drt - 30/3/19 at 05:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by garybee
It's fine to run just the 1st lambda probe with the MEMS ECUs. This is exactly what I have on my Caterham (MEMS3).

I'm not even going to attempt to answer (2) as it will just end up in an internet argument.

Thanks !

As I agree with your views on number 2 since most of the facts are unknowns there are no good or bad answers. But I am interested in different views so I can make my mind up