Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Warts 'n' all.
bobinspain

posted on 17/9/12 at 08:43 AM Reply With Quote
Warts 'n' all.

The Bazooka ad' has just been on tv, so I felt the need to share this.

My now-17yr old lad had two really persistent warts on his thumb when he was 11 yrs old. Unsightly and tenacious little suckers, we tried the 'freeze sprays, various applied medically prescribed phosphorus pastes and poultices all to no avail.

A family friend said, "have you tried tea-tree oil and banana?" My first thought was that you washed down a banana with tea-tree oil, but no!

Cut a wafer-thin sliver of banana skin, (you don't need to damage the banana), place it in the centre of a suitably sized plaster, and put a drop of tea-tree oil on the sliver. Pop the plaster over the offending protuberance, (it works with verrucas too). A week-10 days later, gone! (never to return).

I'll rest easy now I've shared that.

Bob.

scootz

posted on 17/9/12 at 08:48 AM Reply With Quote
Yes.. but is a BEC better than a CEC!?

It's Evolution Baby!

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 17/9/12 at 09:15 AM Reply With Quote
Could I just say that warts are very very mysterious magical things. I was blighted by them from the age of 11-14. I had probably 40-50 on each hand! I tried everything. Nothing worked.

Then literally over 2 nights they all dissappeared completely. To see my hands before you wouldn't believe they could be normal. I'm still amazed by how quickly they left.

Dad said he bought them from me and thats why they left. I don't know but I'm glad they're gone and i hope my boy doesn't get them.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Ninehigh

posted on 17/9/12 at 09:28 AM Reply With Quote
Do you think this could work with a 4 year old? They're kinda gone but he's still got lumps where they are/were, and plasters last about 30 seconds on him

slingshot2000

posted on 17/9/12 at 09:45 AM Reply With Quote
We have had some good results in people buying them. I will have all your 4 year old's for a fiver, which I have just put on a shelf.
Once they have gone u2u me you address and I will send him the cash !

Regards
Jon

BenB

posted on 17/9/12 at 10:28 AM Reply With Quote
They often do go suddenly because the body's immune system can get rid of warts. It just usually doesn't bother. I suspect the tea tree and banana trick is working in a similar way to the duck tape trick- IE causes a little localised inflammation which activates the immune system and finally persuades the body to get rid of the suckers.
They sure are annoying. If you think warts are bad try verrucas (same virus just growing inwards instead of outwards). They respond even worse to treatment. I must spend about two hours a week attacking warts + verrucas with liquid nitrogen. -197 degrees and the buggers still don't go!

[Edited on 17/9/12 by BenB]

bobinspain

posted on 17/9/12 at 10:40 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
They often do go suddenly because the body's immune system can get rid of warts. It just usually doesn't bother. I suspect the tea tree and banana trick is working in a similar way to the duck tape trick- IE causes a little localised inflammation which activates the immune system and finally persuades the body to get rid of the suckers.
They sure are annoying. If you think warts are bad try verrucas (same virus just growing inwards instead of outwards). They respond even worse to treatment. I must spend about two hours a week attacking warts + verrucas with liquid nitrogen. -197 degrees and the buggers still don't go!

Ben, That was what I was getting at. The banana/tea tree wheeze worked EVERY time without fail My son didn't stop getting the odd one on his fingers for a couple of years but he's never had one since. He had one verruca and BANG! gone.
We had him to a dermatologist here in Spain, with no positive results, but the b/tt was a miracle (for nowt). The proprietary 'cures' were hopeless, as was the freeze-sprays. The warts looked back at us an laughed (like warts do).

Ninehigh. Boys will be boys etc. The most difficult thing we found, was keeping the b/tt in constant contact with the skin. Good waterproof plasters, with reinforcement from extra plaster roll does the trick. Just replace as necessary.

A week will find all but the most stubborn ones gone, if our experience is anything to go by.

owelly

posted on 17/9/12 at 11:08 AM Reply With Quote
I find the idea of Locosters buying four year old boys rather dusturbing......

http://www.ppcmag.co.uk

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bobinspain

posted on 17/9/12 at 11:20 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by owelly
I find the idea of Locosters buying four year old boys rather dusturbing......

You can always bank on one to lower the tone on a highbrow topic such as this one owelly.

MikeR

posted on 17/9/12 at 11:38 AM Reply With Quote
I had one veruca that I attacked myself after the ointments had no effect. The bloke i ended up seeing said it was probably the worst he'd ever seen. He cut it out and that was that. A year or two later I got another and a friend lent me a freeze spray. He said he ignored the advice and left it on for longer than you should ............ I wasn't as brave as him so only left it on a little longer (say 50% instead of double). Did the trick, veruca gone.

[Edited on 17/9/12 by MikeR]

mads

posted on 17/9/12 at 01:05 PM Reply With Quote
had a verucca that I'd had for 10 years. Tried liquid nitrogen treatment at the hospital about 4 times but didnt work. Ended up giving silver nitrate a go which worked a treat after a couple of goes. Can get it from your local pharmacy.

We gain knowledge faster than we do wisdom!

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, thoroughly used, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming... "f*ck, what a trip!"

nick205

posted on 17/9/12 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
Interesting, my lad started getting wart like lumps on his chest and arms when he was 4. Our GP knew what they were (can't recall the proper name now) and advised they would go when his immune system picked them up and not to worry in the meantime.

He probably had 25-30 of them dotted about when he hit 6 last year, but this summer within the space of 10 days every one of them went! they got a little red and inflamed, then just disappeared. he's left with the odd mark where the larger ones were, but other than that no trace.

Very weird to see it happening so quick.

liam.mccaffrey

posted on 17/9/12 at 03:44 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenB
I must spend about two hours a week attacking warts + verrucas with liquid nitrogen. -197 degrees and the buggers still don't go!

I went to the hospital to have mine done like that Ben, the bastard froze every one on my left hand........I have had many painful medical procedures but that beat them all stone dead.

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

jacko

posted on 17/9/12 at 04:15 PM Reply With Quote
I will have to try this i have had a verruca on my knee for about 4years and what ever i try it comes back
Jacko

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
bi22le

posted on 17/9/12 at 04:42 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jacko
I will have to try this i have had a verruca on my knee for about 4years and what ever i try it comes back
Jacko

You have got to report back. I am lucky enough to have never suffered with these things but I love the idea of a simple process solving the problem.

BenB, if it works you get all of your patients to try it, seems like it will save you a lot of time!!

Track days ARE the best thing since sliced bread, until I get a supercharger that is!

Please read my ring story:
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=139152&page=1

Me doing a sub 56sec lap around Brands Indy. I need a geo set up! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHksfvIGB3I

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.