Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: URGENT - How much do you appreciate this site?????
minitici

posted on 4/2/13 at 02:01 PM Reply With Quote
Keep up the good work Chris - donation sent!
AndyW

posted on 4/2/13 at 02:52 PM Reply With Quote
I'm wearing my LCB T shirt today, had 2 brickies and a formworker ask about the benefits. Told them to contibute to see benefits

Seriously, tho' great site which I am on daily. Keep up the good work and hope my donation helps

Andy

RickRick

posted on 4/2/13 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
I'll chuck some more in at payday its been quite a bit since i donated now

is there anything we can all do to help lower the costs or speed up the site, i noticed 50gb mainly in pics, i know i've not got many in my achive, but if everybody went though there own pics and removed there unwanted pics what effect could that have? how about loosing some of the oldest posts, especialy bits like old forsales and the madhouse?

ChrisW

posted on 5/2/13 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
Thank you to everyone that has put their hand in their pocket over the last few days. A fair old chunk of change has been donated which will at least cover the bills for a few months.

I hope you have all noticed how fast the site is running on the new server. _luke has done a sterling job helping me with the finer bits of tweaking, getting search working, etc. I'm very impressed with the performance boost that the new hardware has given, at least that's one positive thing to come out of all this hassle I've had.

Thanks again for all your support. I'm going back to fixing the mail server so we can get notifications back!

Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
AndyW

posted on 5/2/13 at 02:44 PM Reply With Quote
MESSAGE FOR CHRIS

Sometime when you click on a topic you get the page come up that says about how you opperate in your spare time etc etc,

I think that page still has the name of the old connectivity provider that you have parted company with?? Just a thought might be to change that text!!!

Hope that helps, if I got it wrong then soz!!!

Andy

Daddylonglegs

posted on 11/2/13 at 08:17 AM Reply With Quote
As already said on this thread, the site has helped many 'not sures' to make their kit building dream a reality, me most definitely included. I have many people on here to thank for me making the Locost a reality.

I'm no mathematician and do not want to get into a running costs battle, but it's not just about money, I'm sure Chris has much of his free time used up by maintaining this site and I for one think he and his moderators do a sterling job.

Keep up the good work guys

Donation made.

John

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

ChrisW

posted on 11/2/13 at 09:35 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by AndyW
MESSAGE FOR CHRIS

Sometime when you click on a topic you get the page come up that says about how you opperate in your spare time etc etc,

I think that page still has the name of the old connectivity provider that you have parted company with?? Just a thought might be to change that text!!!

Hope that helps, if I got it wrong then soz!!!

Andy

Thanks Andy. I thought I had got rid of all of these so if you spot one please copy-paste the link in here.

Cheers, Chris

My gaff my rules

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Daddylonglegs

posted on 11/2/13 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
BTW Chris, I still cannot publish piccies in my archive?

JB

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

rodgling

posted on 11/2/13 at 10:31 AM Reply With Quote
Donated. Also... any idea what's happened to my mug that I ordered Chris...?
m4maverick

posted on 24/2/13 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
Hi
I don't post much as my experience and knowledge is limited but have learnt a hell of a lot on general information and technique, have also saved pounds on being able to search and validate the right bits to buy before making mistakes.

Right now am in hospital with prolapsed disc problem and had more than my previous donations worth of value just stopping me from going crazy. (You can only count the rivets on the ceiling so many times), so have just stuck another reasonable donation into Chris to show my appreciation.

Many Thanks
Mike

craig1410

posted on 24/2/13 at 04:34 PM Reply With Quote
Hi,

I don't use the site as much as I once did, mainly due to my Locost now being on the road, so I was blissfully unaware of the recent problems which Chris has had to deal with. As an IT professional myself I can certainly appreciate the effort Chris puts in to achieving the levels of performance and availability that the LB site delivers. £200pm can disappear very easily for a professionally hosted site, especially when you are looking for 99.999% availability (ie. just over 5 minutes per year of downtime)

Even though I don't use the site so much nowadays, I can't remember when I last donated so I've just donated again. I'm pretty sure I've had many times the value from this forum than any of the numerous books I've bought on the same subject. A typical Haynes manual is £17.99 I think and you can't ask it questions and it stays the same from the day you bought it until the day you loan it to someone and don't see it again...

Thanks Chris, I hope you get sorted out with a job soon. If not then seriously consider doing what I did in December 2011 and set yourself up as a consultant and go get some contracts. I've been lucky to have been continuously engaged for the last 14 months and just had my contract renewed for another 6 months on Friday. Give me a shout if you want to ask any questions about how to go about it.

Cheers,
Craig.

inkafone

posted on 24/2/13 at 05:00 PM Reply With Quote
This is a very valuable source of info - donation sent
alexpaul2

posted on 31/5/13 at 04:22 AM Reply With Quote
I fully appreciate this website for all the member of this forum site.

Mercedes Wedding Car | Wedding car Tonbridge | Wedding Car Kent

Not Anumber

posted on 31/5/13 at 08:26 AM Reply With Quote
Great site, great value. Donation topped up.

theprisioner

posted on 31/5/13 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Added another small contribution, please, please keep up the good work!

http://sylvabuild.blogspot.com/

http://austin7special.blogspot.co.uk/

FuryRebuild

posted on 31/5/13 at 10:26 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by b14wrc
As above, I didn't relise the donations were so important.

I've just sent my money. I would hate to loose this forum. I use it every day. It's a great resource.

Cheers Chris.

Chris - I think this is the right way to go - I've used the site loads and really value the quality of information here.

I for one would welcome a £2 a month subscription, even if just to get access to the back of the shop.

Mark

When all you have is a hammer, everything around you is a nail.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

FuryRebuild

posted on 31/5/13 at 10:33 AM Reply With Quote
Right - I also didn't appreciate the donations may need to be more regular. I think £2 a month is great, so have chucked in £24. Can I get my status changed to "bloated plutocrat"?

Cheers
Mark

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

loggyboy

posted on 31/5/13 at 10:59 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by FuryRebuild
Right - I also didn't appreciate the donations may need to be more regular. I think £2 a month is great, so have chucked in £24. Can I get my status changed to "bloated plutocrat"?

Cheers
Mark

As a contributer you can change your title in your profile. - IIRC

Mistral Motorsport

lsdweb

posted on 31/5/13 at 11:05 AM Reply With Quote
Great site - invaluable resource (even though I'm not building at the moment!). Donatation made.

FuryRebuild

posted on 31/5/13 at 11:11 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
quote:
Originally posted by FuryRebuild

Cheers
Mark

As a contributer you can change your title in your profile. - IIRC

Eee by gum, so you can. And so I have.

www.furyrebuild.co.uk

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.