Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: suspension settings
aliwizard

posted on 19/2/13 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
suspension settings

hi can anyone help with the suspension settings on my velocity xt it need to the caster ,camber ,ride hight settings, I am using ford Cortina uprights and it is bike powered cheers.
rusty nuts

posted on 19/2/13 at 08:08 PM Reply With Quote
Before setting up the suspension check the crush tubes in the wishbone bushes are not too short (a known Luego problem that has been covered several times). if there is any squeeking from the suspension it's likely to be caused by tight bushes . As for settings aim for around 5 to 7 degrees castor 1 degree negative camber and 1mm toe in . If you can check it make sure the rear does not to out. IIRC my front ride height is 3.5" and the rear 4.5". Another possible Luego problem is the Sierra column bush in the bulkhead sometimes isn't exactly at the correct angle in relation to the column and can cause the column to bind reducing the self centering to some extent. A self aligning bearing greatly improves things
aliwizard

posted on 24/2/13 at 12:02 PM Reply With Quote
self centreing bearing

thanks for your reply just been out for first run and have found the column bush has come out pushed it in again had another run it came out again as you say this may be a alignment problem whats the best way of fixing this problem,or is fitting a bearing the only way and how would you fix the bearing cheers .
rusty nuts

posted on 24/2/13 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
If you look at the Sierra bush when it's in place in the bulkhead you will probably find the bracket isn't at right angles to the column, short of cutting out the bracket or realigning the column the easiest solution is to fit a self aligning bearing, IIRC some of the brackets are fitted to the engine side of the bulkhead and some into the car. My Luego has it fitted into the engine bay , it is smaller than the bearing and needed a small adaptor making up to allow the bearing to fit . It's been covered several times so worth doing a search if it's working . I think ?? the bearing came from Simply Bearings at around a tenner

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.