Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Wanted: Sierra semiaxle to diff bolts and locking plates
tajgreidotu

posted on 13/9/18 at 03:14 PM Reply With Quote
Wanted: Sierra semiaxle to diff bolts and locking plates

Hi,

I am looking for:

Ford Sierra Semiaxle to Diff bolts. Item 30 and 42 in the picture bellow.

Plates coming with the previous bolts. Item 10 in the picture bellow.

Description
Description

Let me know if you have few of those, as some are missing from my donor.

Thank you!

[Edited on 14/9/18 by tajgreidotu]

jps

posted on 13/9/18 at 05:52 PM Reply With Quote
Can't see the pictures but if it's the 55mm torx bolts that join the drive shafts to the diff (and the stub axle) and the washers that span a pair of holes they are on eBay. I just bought a set of the washers myself.
tajgreidotu

posted on 13/9/18 at 09:19 PM Reply With Quote
Hi mate,

Yes thise are the ones I am looking for.

Have done some research on ebay, but didnt find them. Can you post me a link?

Thank you!

jps

posted on 14/9/18 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
I bought these washers : https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cosworth-Sierra-Drive-Shaft-bolt-Spreader-Plate-set-all-4-Joints-100mm-7/321395537157?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_tr ksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649

They do bolt sets too https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sierra-Cosworth-Rear-Drive-Shaft-bolt-set-M8-New/220680432777?hash=item3361942c89:g:AB8AAMXQt5ZRZBof

But for the bolts I just bought 55mm (from memory) M8 bolts in 10.9 from my local fastener supplier. The type of head is not important - I bought cap head bolts which tighten with a hex bit.

From what discussion I have seen online people seem to use either the 2-hole washer, or a split washer - not both. Where is your diagram from?

[Edited on 14/9/18 by jps]

mcerd1

posted on 14/9/18 at 07:19 PM Reply With Quote
If its the 100mm O/D CV's then Grade 12.9 M8x50mm Cap head's (allen key ones) are fine and you can get them anywhere - torx heads are just a PITA (I guess they suit the factory, but to everyone else they are just a hassle)

item 30 looks like a spring washer, none of the cars I've stripped down ever had these - just item 10 instead (which are really important)
Spring washers are next to useless for bolt locking, so best to use the 2 hole type instead

also keep in mind that these CV joints (inc. the boots, bolts and lock washers) are not unique to sierra's or even ford - they are all made by GKN and known as Lobro's and come in just a few different sizes - so getting parts for them should be pretty easy in almost any country (common on VW / Audi / Seat / Skoda as well as others )

[Edited on 14/9/2018 by mcerd1]

-

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.