Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Bosch injectors
Shooter63

posted on 31/12/18 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
Bosch injectors

I'm looking for 4no Bosch injectors ( the type with the clip) for a 16v head conversion on a classic mini, so the flow hasn't got to be that great, some where around 200cc or higher would do.

Shooter

nick205

posted on 2/1/19 at 04:46 PM Reply With Quote
Can't help with injectors, but wonder is it the original engine with a different head or a different engine altogether?
Shooter63

posted on 2/1/19 at 08:04 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by nick205
Can't help with injectors, but wonder is it the original engine with a different head or a different engine altogether?

It's an A series bottom end with a BMW k1100 motorcycle head conversion, it's quite popular now as an easy way to make more power without stupid radical cams etc. The front 3 head studs are in the correct position, the bores line up almost perfectly. You need to plug all the redundant holes in the block and head, buy or make a belt drive conversion as the BMW runs a chain drive to the cams, not too bad really, the plus point is you end up with an engine the makes over 90ftlb of torque from low down and around 125 bhp up top which makes a classic mini or any other A series engined car quite a lot of fun to drive.

Shooter

nick205

posted on 3/1/19 at 10:09 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
quote:

It's an A series bottom end with a BMW k1100 motorcycle head conversion, it's quite popular now as an easy way to make more power without stupid radical cams etc. The front 3 head studs are in the correct position, the bores line up almost perfectly. You need to plug all the redundant holes in the block and head, buy or make a belt drive conversion as the BMW runs a chain drive to the cams, not too bad really, the plus point is you end up with an engine the makes over 90ftlb of torque from low down and around 125 bhp up top which makes a classic mini or any other A series engined car quite a lot of fun to drive.

Shooter

Thanks for the feedback, interesting to know. I'm not familiar with the A series engine or conversions applied to it.

Shooter63

posted on 3/1/19 at 07:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Shooter63
quote:

Shooter

Thanks for the feedback, interesting to know. I'm not familiar with the A series engine or conversions applied to it.

Really!!!!
I presume you must be 25 or younger then the A series engine powered most if not all small cars made by the Austin/Morris or any other name they called themselves from the 803cc Morris minor to the proper 1275 Cooper S, 3 main bearings and a 5 port head, sounds pretty junk heh but now the top guys can get over 100bhp per litre, not to be sneered at.

Shooter

nick205

posted on 9/1/19 at 04:11 PM Reply With Quote
44 as it happens.

I know what the engine is and where it's used, but I've never owned (or driven) a car with one - Ford, Peugeot and VAG cars (and I think some Fords use Peugeot derived engines).

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.