Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Sierra hazarrd switch button.
paulf

posted on 26/3/19 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
Sierra hazarrd switch button.

i have decided to get my car out of the garage after 3 years of not driving it but have lost the red plastic button from the column mounted hazzard switch,the switch gear is early sierra .Has anyone got one laying about that they dont need or alternatively is there an easy to fit dash switch from another car to replace it with?
Paul

rusty nuts

posted on 26/3/19 at 09:35 PM Reply With Quote
I think there are at least two types? Round or square?
paulf

posted on 26/3/19 at 09:41 PM Reply With Quote
Its the square type,I think the switches are Mk1 as i didnt use relays for the lights and the latter ones did.
rusty nuts

posted on 27/3/19 at 06:42 AM Reply With Quote
There are some on eBay at the moment, some want silly money. There is a slight chance I may have one but don’t hold your breath, will check in the next few days.
paulf

posted on 27/3/19 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Yes have seen some complete switch units butthey are far too expensive when i only need the button,i would rather fit a seperate switch and flasher relay if need be but would appreciate it if you may have one laying around spare.

quote:
Originally posted by rusty nuts
There are some on eBay at the moment, some want silly money. There is a slight chance I may have one but don’t hold your breath, will check in the next few days.

rusty nuts

posted on 27/3/19 at 09:45 PM Reply With Quote
Found two switches today but both are the round type, i may have another in my lock up?
paulf

posted on 31/3/19 at 08:11 PM Reply With Quote
I cleaned the car out yesterday and found the remains of the switch button in the footwell,i managed to glue it back together and it is now refitted.It will do to get the car moted again and then i might fit a dash mounted switch at some time.hopefully iwill sort it all in time for stonleigh this year.
gremlin1234

posted on 1/4/19 at 06:55 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
I cleaned the car out yesterday and found the remains of the switch button in the footwell,i managed to glue it back together and it is now refitted.It will do to get the car moted again ...

seems like an ideal candidate for 3D printing

rusty nuts

posted on 1/4/19 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
quote:
Originally posted by paulf[/i

I think an ideal candidate would be steering column cowlings?

paulf

posted on 2/4/19 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
I was looking for an excuse to build a 3 d printer as i couldnt think of anything in particular to use one for but dont think there is much of a market for sierra hazzard buttons, although it may be usefull for other custom switches and such like.
quote:
Originally posted by gremlin1234
quote:
Originally posted by paulf
I cleaned the car out yesterday and found the remains of the switch button in the footwell,i managed to glue it back together and it is now refitted.It will do to get the car moted again ...

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.