Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: rover K (from 45) exhaust and cat's
drt

posted on 28/3/19 at 02:42 PM Reply With Quote
rover K (from 45) exhaust and cat's

This will be a 2 part question about the rover k in relation to exhaust and MEMS

1) the first lambda probe (before pre-cat) is used for mixture control and the second only for checking the status of the main cat ?
If so, will the system work without the second probe or not ? Since I have packaging difficulty with the cat and thinking of not using it.

2) I would think that the pre-cat and the cat itself are substantial resistors to flow, draining most of the energy out of the gas? Because the pipe and backbox I got are 72mm diameter while most of the OEM exhaustsystem was 44,5mm. Otherwise the step change would cause a negative pressure wave to propagate back towards the head... and since I have no data on valve timing (overlap) I have no idea what the impact of this negative pressure would be.

Thanks

hughpinder

posted on 28/3/19 at 03:56 PM Reply With Quote
Here you go, the man for everything K series tuning related: http://www.dvapower.co.uk/

Don't know about the cat though

garybee

posted on 29/3/19 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
It's fine to run just the 1st lambda probe with the MEMS ECUs. This is exactly what I have on my Caterham (MEMS3).

I'm not even going to attempt to answer (2) as it will just end up in an internet argument.

drt

posted on 30/3/19 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by garybee
It's fine to run just the 1st lambda probe with the MEMS ECUs. This is exactly what I have on my Caterham (MEMS3).

I'm not even going to attempt to answer (2) as it will just end up in an internet argument.

Thanks !

As I agree with your views on number 2 since most of the facts are unknowns there are no good or bad answers. But I am interested in different views so I can make my mind up

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.