Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Batterys!
ttalps2000

posted on 28/5/19 at 09:37 AM Reply With Quote
Batterys!

I need to get a new battery as mine is virtually dead! I had a cheap one from powervamp when they were doing them. It is the Odyssey 680 size as an equivalent.

Has anyone tried the Lithium battery that this place does: http://aandgmotorcycles.co.uk/batteries.html

My battery is located near to the exhaust manifold and so does get warm, anyone had issues with the above and higher temperatures?

JimSpencer

posted on 29/5/19 at 07:16 AM Reply With Quote
Hi

Allan's batteries are very good indeed - don't forget you'll need the charger too (LiOn charges in a different way to Pb)

Or if you simply type into your favourite Auction site 'Exide AGM 12-18' you'll get roughly what you have now.

HTH

ttalps2000

posted on 29/5/19 at 07:31 AM Reply With Quote
Do they charge ok off a traditional alternator?
ttalps2000

posted on 29/5/19 at 08:05 AM Reply With Quote
Just found an exact copy of what i have, but in a Lithium battery on the auction site, so will fit in my existing cradle!
Thatcher

posted on 9/6/19 at 08:08 AM Reply With Quote
Odyssey did do the 680 with a metal jacket to stop high temps being a problem once installed inside some motorbikes may be yours did suffer with the heat. If the Odyssey part number ends with MJ then it should have a metal jacket.
ttalps2000

posted on 27/6/19 at 07:38 AM Reply With Quote
Seems like my new Lithium battery is a load of cr@p! Keeps dying on me when in use!

So, going back to lead acid batteries!

What are peoples experiences with the Odyssey 680? Similar size to the 12-18 battery. Or just go for a 12-18 standard battery like i had before?

hate cars sometimes!!

miskit

posted on 27/6/19 at 09:40 AM Reply With Quote
I have a Odessey PC 680 that I install about 2 years ago in the Sandrail, starts the 1.8Mx5 engine first time every time. Hot, cold, neglected for a good few months whilst building it. Small, rugged just great. Bought on recommendation from a mate who has one to start his 2.5L Subaru engine and run all the gizmo's in his car.
- Over on the MIG welding forum someone just pointed out that Tayna (usually the best/cheapest supplier anyway) are part of an ebay 20% off until midnight - though they add about 5% "ebay tax" compared with their direct prices but still about £20 off
http://www.ebaystores.co.uk/taynabatteries

Don't know how good the Enduroline copy is - but it's a lot cheaper.

ttalps2000

posted on 27/6/19 at 09:47 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks for the info.

The battery is £97 from DemonTweeks, instead of the £134.95 Tanya are asking for!

Had a copy battery before, year later and it was dead, so not all that keen!

miskit

posted on 27/6/19 at 11:02 AM Reply With Quote
Jump on that price! Mine was £110 inc delivery 2 years back.
andrew.carwithen

posted on 27/6/19 at 11:14 AM Reply With Quote
Fitted an Xtreme XR-600 AGM from Tayna which is the equivalent of the 680 but cheaper at around £70 inc. delivery. been in demonstrator for a year now with no probs and spins over the 1.8 mx-5 engine easily.
ttalps2000

posted on 2/7/19 at 08:23 PM Reply With Quote
Got the new Odyssey battery in tonight. Spins the engine over bloody quickly now with no sweat! Lesson learnt, dont buy cheap batteries!!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.