Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Semi gloss or Satin for roll bar
ReMan

posted on 2/6/20 at 09:57 PM Reply With Quote
Semi gloss or Satin for roll bar

Got some surface rust on the MK rollbar, had it The rust) a few years now as you know I dont rush stuff

Anyway looking for a rattle can Black, that gets close to the original powdercoat black.
Normalluy I'd go satin, brushed for suspensions etc but I think current satin is a bit matt!
Any recommendations?
Pref that I can get from B+Q Halfrauds or Amazon

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

nick205

posted on 3/6/20 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Sorry - I can't recommend a paint for you. On my own MK Indy I brush painted the chassis, powder coated the suspension and rattle canned the roll bar (satin black).
indykid

posted on 3/6/20 at 10:03 AM Reply With Quote
I found halfords satin black to be about the best match for MK satin black powdercoat.

I had to touch up a few internal corners on my roll cage that the powdercoat didn't quite cover and you can't see the blend.

This was circa 2006 though so all bets are off if it's still the same colour/sub supplier but I'd start there.

Pound shop satin black is not a good match. Home bargains satin black isn't that far off and far nicer to use than poundland in general but it's fairly matt.

Robbaa

posted on 3/6/20 at 02:18 PM Reply With Quote
dont want to share too many of my amazing ideas but try hockey tape,this gave an amazing and protective finish to my roll bar for under a tenner and 15 mins work
ReMan

posted on 3/6/20 at 05:11 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by indykid
I found halfords satin black to be about the best match for MK satin black powdercoat.

I had to touch up a few internal corners on my roll cage that the powdercoat didn't quite cover and you can't see the blend.

This was circa 2006 though so all bets are off if it's still the same colour/sub supplier but I'd start there.

Pound shop satin black is not a good match. Home bargains satin black isn't that far off and far nicer to use than poundland in general but it's fairly matt.

Ha! Yours is the same age as mine .
But yes exactly what you said. Gloss is too gloss doesn't look right even in isolation IMHO
I'll try a halfords tin first then.

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

ReMan

posted on 3/6/20 at 05:16 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Robbaa
dont want to share too many of my amazing ideas but try hockey tape,this gave an amazing and protective finish to my roll bar for under a tenner and 15 mins work

OK dont then

Got any pictures?

www.plusnine.co.uk
∙،°. ˘Ô≈ôﺣ

steve m

posted on 4/6/20 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
I used plasticote satin black on my roll bars and whishbones,
as said Gloss doesn't look right, and matt, doesn't look finished

steve

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.