Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: megasquirt help
omega0684

posted on 13/5/08 at 07:41 PM Reply With Quote
megasquirt help

evening all,

i currently have pinto set up with dizzy but want to change to edis and megasquirt,

can some please explain to me what is involved in the conversion, i have edis module, coil pack and vr sensor with 36-1 wheel.

does anyone know of any threads or websites that explain what modifications need to be made to the dizzy etc

all help is welcome

Alex

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
matt_claydon

posted on 13/5/08 at 07:53 PM Reply With Quote
By the sound of it you mean 'Megajolt' - MS is a full fuel injection system whereas MJ is just a mappable ignition controller. Loads of guys on here got MJ on Pintos so I'm sure someone will be along shortly...

[Edited on 13/5/08 by matt_claydon]

omega0684

posted on 13/5/08 at 08:09 PM Reply With Quote
you can have mega jolt and megasquirt on the motor cant you?

I love Pinto's, even if i did get mine from P&O!

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
paulf

posted on 13/5/08 at 08:36 PM Reply With Quote
Yes you can that is how mine is set up, but what you require is megasquirt and edis set up info as you already have megasquirt,Try the Extra.efi.co.uk site or a search on the megasquirt forums until you find the set up info.Basically you need to connect the pip and saw signals from the Edis to the megasquirt via the 37 pin connector and then set the megasquirt to run Edis.You will also need the megasqirt and spark firmware installed if its not already.
Paul
quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
you can have mega jolt and megasquirt on the motor cant you?

Arnie

posted on 13/5/08 at 09:36 PM Reply With Quote
Just recently moved over to a megajolt. Fairly easy to install and set up. There is a good guide on the Megajolt site.

http://www.autosportlabs.net/index.php?title=MegaJolt_Lite_Jr._Users_Welcome

or

http://www.autosportlabs.net/index.php?title=MegaJolt_Lite_Jr._Users_Welcome

Regards,

Arnie.

Jenko

posted on 15/5/08 at 05:53 PM Reply With Quote
Megasquirt = Ignition and fuel injection
Megajolt = Ignition only

So you need to decide, do you want to change to full fuel injection?.

FYI, installing Megasquirt requires you to install a new high pressure fuel sysem, and a load of sensors to the engine - It's a far more involved process.

If you are happy with Carbs, then just go for the Megajolt option..For this you will need to install a VR sensor / trigger wheel, Throttle postiion sensor, the MJ unit, EDIS and edis coil pack......

matt_claydon

posted on 15/5/08 at 06:12 PM Reply With Quote
Ah, didn't realise but it sounds like you are already running Megasquirst for the fuel side. You need to switch to running "Megasquirt' n' Spark - Extra" also known as "MSExtra" software and make some minor hardware changes to hook up the EDIS.

Everything you need to know is here:
http://www.msextra.com/manuals/MS_Extra_Manual_Index.htm

matt_claydon

posted on 15/5/08 at 06:13 PM Reply With Quote
Oh yeah, and to answer part of your question - the Dizzy is completely redundant although you need to leave it in as the oil pump is driven from the base. Some cut the top off but I didn't bother, I can't see it with the bonnet on!

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.