Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Discount code for ASDA tyres
russbost

posted on 27/9/17 at 08:56 AM Reply With Quote
Discount code for ASDA tyres

Felt I had to pass this on, needed to replace the rear tyres on the Furore - strange they seem to have worn much faster on the rear than the front!!!

Anyway, had a punt round the usual suspects, Black circles, Asda tyres etc & had already settled on Asda tyres when I discovered a discount code

If you put 140 and ANY other 7 digits after the 140 in the "ASDA key" box it applies 10% off your purchase. The original instructions said he'd used 1405236874, so like a dummy I used the same no. - of course it threw it out as that no. has already been used, so I entered another random number starting with 140 followed by 7 other digits & lo & behold 10% discount on the order. Had the tyres fitted today, new valves, balanced old rubber disposed of & no quibble from the local Jet tyres who did the fitting saved me over £16

Feel free to pass onto anyone looking for tyres, Asda are already pretty competitive, but with an additional 10% off, I doubt you'll find a better price

Edited to say, the deal has been around since at least Sep 2016 & still there as of today, so hopefully won't disappear anytime soon!

[Edited on 27/9/17 by russbost]

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
HowardB

posted on 27/9/17 at 09:20 AM Reply With Quote
thanks for that

Howard

Fisher Fury was 2000 Zetec - now a 1600 (it Lives again and goes zoom)

David Jenkins

posted on 27/9/17 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
That could be very useful - my tin-top will need some front tyres very soon.

loggyboy

posted on 27/9/17 at 09:54 AM Reply With Quote
I suspect even with 10% they wont be close to Tyreleader or Oponeo

Mistral Motorsport

russbost

posted on 27/9/17 at 10:12 AM Reply With Quote
Tyreleader have them at £134 the pair, however that is plus fitting & their cheapest fitting price is "From" £10 a tyre, pretty sure as soon as you mention valves, balancing & old tyre disposal that's going to go up, but that still comes to £154 which is more than I paid

Openeo have the same tyres at £72ea delivered, so £144 for 2 cf the £149.93 I paid, however so far as I can see Openeo ONLY supply the tyres & don't offer fitting (ready to be corrected on this?) - if anyone can get 2 tyres fitted, valves, balanced & old tyres disposed of (Legally!) for £5.93 then I will personally give them a prize!!!

Tyreleader's nearest fitting centre is about 5 miles from me; Jet tyres where I was able to book thro' Asda are about 3/4 mile - doesn't seem like too much of a contest to me!

Obviously I have no doubt that some suppliers MIGHT be cheaper for SOME tyres, personally I'd never heard of the 2 suppliers above, but the Asda deal with 10% off is still going to take some beating - all IMHO of course!

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
loggyboy

posted on 27/9/17 at 10:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Tyreleader have them at £134 the pair, however that is plus fitting & their cheapest fitting price is "From" £10 a tyre, pretty sure as soon as you mention valves, balancing & old tyre disposal that's going to go up, but that still comes to £154 which is more than I paid

Openeo have the same tyres at £72ea delivered, so £144 for 2 cf the £149.93 I paid, however so far as I can see Openeo ONLY supply the tyres & don't offer fitting (ready to be corrected on this?) - if anyone can get 2 tyres fitted, valves, balanced & old tyres disposed of (Legally!) for £5.93 then I will personally give them a prize!!!

Tyreleader's nearest fitting centre is about 5 miles from me; Jet tyres where I was able to book thro' Asda are about 3/4 mile - doesn't seem like too much of a contest to me!

Obviously I have no doubt that some suppliers MIGHT be cheaper for SOME tyres, personally I'd never heard of the 2 suppliers above, but the Asda deal with 10% off is still going to take some beating - all IMHO of course!

I take it back, TBF to them, its been a few years since i priced on asda and back then they were £5-10 a tyre dearer (unfitted) than the likes of camskill and tyreleader, but looks like theyve rained them in as they are good prices, even with fitting and without your discount. (which I usally get cheap due to having friendly tyre fitters).
Good find

Mistral Motorsport

Oi_Oi_Savaloy

posted on 27/9/17 at 11:21 AM Reply With Quote
What about Camskill? They are usually the most competitive for me - bought 4 x uniroyals rainsport 3's from them last year and from memory - having looked around all the usual suspects (and costco, on a regular not commercial membership) Camskill came out comfortably the cheapest.

I then paid a local firm £30 to have all four fitted.

Just another option to check - worked for me but might not for you of course.

coyoteboy

posted on 27/9/17 at 02:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

ASDA tyres were the cheapest by far for me on some tin top tyres, without a discount, but in the end I went with a local supplier who was easier to get to. Not to mention some fitters won't fit self-sourced tyres and others charge £20 a tyre.

[Edited on 27/9/17 by coyoteboy]

steve m

posted on 27/9/17 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
Can someone let me know what isle these tyres are in, as I cant find them in Asda ?

Thats was probably spelt wrong, or had some grammer, that the "grammer police have to have a moan at

russbost

posted on 27/9/17 at 07:07 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coyoteboy
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy

ASDA tyres were the cheapest by far for me on some tin top tyres, without a discount, but in the end I went with a local supplier who was easier to get to. Not to mention some fitters won't fit self-sourced tyres and others charge £20 a tyre.

[Edited on 27/9/17 by coyoteboy]

That's the good thing about the Asda deal, you pay nothing until the tyres are fitted & you then pay the fitting shop you've booked thro' Asda, the price is guaranteed & includes fitting at your choice of local suppliers - there were 5 or 6 all within about 5 miles of where I live

SJ

posted on 28/9/17 at 07:01 AM Reply With Quote
I didn't even know Asda did tyres!

I used Blackcirlces last time who, whilst not the cheapest were cheap and the service was good. i.e. delivered to local fitter who did a good job of fitting and balancing unlike some I've used. The fit was also based on an appointment time which meant very little waiting around.

Stu

swanny

posted on 28/9/17 at 10:37 AM Reply With Quote
doesnt seem to work for me
russbost

posted on 28/9/17 at 12:12 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SJ
I didn't even know Asda did tyres!

I used Blackcirlces last time who, whilst not the cheapest were cheap and the service was good. i.e. delivered to local fitter who did a good job of fitting and balancing unlike some I've used. The fit was also based on an appointment time which meant very little waiting around.

Stu

The Asda system works the same, you get an appointment time with a local tyre fitter, I was in & out within about 1/2 hour

russbost

posted on 28/9/17 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by swanny
doesnt seem to work for me

What message are you getting when you put 140 followed by 7 digits in the Asda key box?

tul214

posted on 28/9/17 at 03:12 PM Reply With Quote
The number you are inputting is someones WAL*MART (ASDA) colleague number, which in turn allows you the colleagues discount - 10%. They all start with 140 so all you are doing is hoping to guess the correct sequence that makes up someones personal ID number.

That person may get a suprise when they see on their personal discount statement a saving against a load of tyres!

1.6 Raw Super6 sold

New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.